Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something's wrong with my brother's ATi Radeon 9800 PRO; It's acting... odd, it's got those weird artifacts and lines showing up out of nowhere. I thought he just overclocked it a bit too much, so I installed ATiTool to underclock the card so it'd be more stable (for now).

Well, if the default clock speed is 378/338, then he didn't overclock it, but it's still showing those artifacts. Then I began to form different theories with what's wrong with it, like power and cooling, but nothing's too sure.

So, from here, what would you think would be the problem with my brother's ATi Radeon 9800 PRO?

(I'll provide more information/pictures if it's not enough for you to form a theory)

·
Registered
386 Posts
make it at default clock and check it again!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
wow, well, what are the psu rails at? i had the problem once when the voltage was too low

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
I have a 9800 pro. They get hot. Also make sure the power lead going to the 9800 dosent have anything elce on it. What kind of PSU do you have? And is the card stock cooled?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, that I can answer: It's uhh... I think 250W by some brand I'm not too sure of (Dell put it in there, so I don't know). As for the card, I'm pretty sure it's stock cooled, if there even is stock cooling.

PSU rails, I'm not too sure. I could run software, but since they're inaccurate, I'd rather not bother (and I don't have a multimeter/voltmeter so I'm stuck on that question).

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
im 95% sure its the psu...250w is not enough for a 9800pro...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts