Overclock.net banner
701 - 707 of 707 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can this thread be still brought to life ? I saw the last reply was from 2 years ago. Great so many things happened ever since, tryhard, crawling manufacturers making up the ladder now, Redragon, Cougar, Marvo, Gamdias, Natec Genesis, Trust, Sharkoon, etc. Some , like Mad Catz, returned from the timely grave...The 3360 became cheap also...

Not sure if i'm wrong, but the 3330 has the same hardware as the 3360/3366/3389 it seems, could just be a different SROM or so. Identical package whatsoever, and if one takes a look at the package at a close, will see those small round impressions on the plastic, if the hardware was different, likely you'd have those organized in a different pattern. Also, the pinout - signals disposition same, and the 50 CPI increments, just like the 3366. It can't be rebranded 3310 in a different package.

Would be nice if good old @qsxcv said a few nice things about it...

Regarding the smoothing of the 3310, are you guys absolutely sure it is 4ms ? Well, the full speed UBS frame time is 1 ms, if you process a 4 USB frames worth of data, it would cause some really nasty dropouts, now wouldn't it ? And for the lay man, it'd feel like a small delay when start moving from an idle state or when suddenly changing directions on one axis, etc ?

Thus far , i have two with 3310, the Mionix Castor and the Cougar Minos X3, while the Sica is on it's way. The Castor has an advanced STM32 MCU, likely all programmed in C/Cpp, some advanced processing algorithms, real time OS, HAL, all that crap ( if anyone had program an STM32 before, just check the amount of garbage you need to use from their sdk...). The X3 on the other hand has a legacy Holtek ASIC, by the outdated look of it we can safely assume it has a nice frame synced firmware all written in good old assembly language. That also would explain why no driver/user software attached to, and most basic features only.Those configured by old school mechanical jumper switches. It feels more responsive in comparison to the 3 times more expensive deluxe quality Castor. It actually made the top 3 in my modest arsenal.

Now, someone raised the question why the 3310 is so popular amongst the high class (?) gamers world wide. Obviously, i can't answer it, but have a theory though. We know the 3310 does have acceleration, deceleration, variable framerates, etc. etc. Also it has significant smoothing, why else would it be put up to debate. If anyone in doubt, just put a 3090 next to it, play a few hours with one, then play a few hours with the other, will see. Those two, for their time, highest end sensors differ like sky and earth from each other. As for the jitter of the 3090, not sure how to put it, i think that's the feeling of what they actually call "raw" , but it definitely doesn't skip pixels or make you miss your target or so. It's there. Whatever, i only use these many mice for the feeling, it is a certain pleasure to switch between , once you get bored of one.

My theory is, for some interesting coincidence, the natural feel of the 3310 is due to the combination of it's acceleration, smoothing, tracking accuracy increase with the speed of movement (increasing framerate ?) and deceleration at the peak of intensity. Could achieve the same sensation with the Gladius, enabling a small amount of acceleration, and a few ticks less of deceleration. This unfortunately causes 1-2 pixels worth dead zone, when moving from idle, not very good for slow sniping. Side note, the same sensor in the DA 2013 is crap.

Don't have an MLT04 to compare to, hopefully i'll find some on the second hand market. Ultrapolling it will be some of a challenge though . Even the latest, signed version of the sweetlow driver doesn't seem to work as expected on Win 10 (in sense of doesn't seem to work at all). I have the same model and a very similar one of the A4tech X7 (a3060 and a3080) mice nasty Sujoy Roy tested on his turntable abomination. Unfortunately that crap will only clock downwards, but no above 125 Hz... There is a chance these new Intel xHCI hosts or drivers +/- Windows 10 simply won't work with the ultrapolling hack. It does something though, managed to get all USB fckdup a fair few times.

Just to think about. Now i need to go to sleep, had been a long night.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Now, someone raised the question why the 3310 is so popular amongst the high class (?) gamers world wide.
it is not that 3310 is popular. zowie mice are popular and they became popular when they had 3090.
If anyone in doubt, just put a 3090 next to it, play a few hours with one, then play a few hours with the other, will see.
I completely agree that 3090 feels amazingly good, while 3310 feels like garbage in the same shell.
but people can get used to anything, and if you spent years using any sensor, you will have your best performance with it

·
lololol
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #704 · (Edited)
Not sure if i'm wrong, but the 3330 has the same hardware as the 3360/3366/3389 it seems, could just be a different SROM or so. Identical package whatsoever, and if one takes a look at the package at a close, will see those small round impressions on the plastic, if the hardware was different, likely you'd have those organized in a different pattern. Also, the pinout - signals disposition same, and the 50 CPI increments, just like the 3366. It can't be rebranded 3310 in a different package.

Would be nice if good old @qsxcv said a few nice things about it...
i've never had a 3330 mouse but yea it's more than likely more closely related to 336X than 3310

ahhhh that's interesting. thanks for linking
wish i knew this years ago... would have bought more 3310 mice

Thus far , i have two with 3310, the Mionix Castor and the Cougar Minos X3, while the Sica is on it's way. The Castor has an advanced STM32 MCU, likely all programmed in C/Cpp, some advanced processing algorithms, real time OS, HAL, all that crap ( if anyone had program an STM32 before, just check the amount of garbage you need to use from their sdk...). The X3 on the other hand has a legacy Holtek ASIC, by the outdated look of it we can safely assume it has a nice frame synced firmware all written in good old assembly language. That also would explain why no driver/user software attached to, and most basic features only.Those configured by old school mechanical jumper switches. It feels more responsive in comparison to the 3 times more expensive deluxe quality Castor. It actually made the top 3 in my modest arsenal.
lol uhhhhh
0. nothing wrong with stm32 mcu's and their complexity. all logi mice since g502 are using stm32 mcus. of course there's always the chance that someone does something dumb in the firmware but i don't agree that it's easier to do something dumb with a sophisticated mcu than with a simpler mcu.
1. it would be a holtek mcu not asic. holtek provides a compiler so it is possible to write in c.
2. it's unfortunately not possible to "frame sync" to pixart sensors. it is possible to sync sensor communication to the usb polls.
3. from my experience, mice with holtek mcu's tend to have not-so-great firmware. e.g. many have mcu smoothing.

Now, someone raised the question why the 3310 is so popular amongst the high class (?) gamers world wide.
because zowie was/is popular?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Taken from the BenQ ZA12 (red logo, blue Huanos)
Code:
0.244396875000000,3,0x93,0xFF 0.244416875000000,3,0x18,0xFF 0.244675125000000,4,0xE2,0xFF 0.244747125000000,4,0x03,0xFF -> 0.244805125000000,4,0x0E,0xFF 0.244877250000000,4,0x90,0xFF

Normal startup procedure, 0x0E (the CPI bug) SROM. Thus, no change since pre-BenQ and someone has had some nice placebo.

EDIT: Clarified the post a bit.
Hey there!

Could you tell me how you read this out?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Thanks. I guess it would be easier for me to test my FK1 in MouseTester against my G403 like described in that reddit article. Just wanted to make sure that it has the smoothing-free srom. 😉

701 - 707 of 707 Posts