Overclock.net banner

121 - 140 of 707 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crizzl View Post

When it confirms your feelings you're more than happy to use it as proof but when it speaks against your feelings you're suddenly this cautious?
No, that's a misunderstanding of what I said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashTV View Post

Sure there is. What "little" amount of data is had is already huge as there is far less for the contrary.
Go ahead and list it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I see people talking about Copperhead and DA 4G, but has anyone already tried to compare a DA 3G? Out of all the mice i tried, i still preferthe DA 3G's sensor, it just feels better than the others. Can't really say exactly why though.

The only 2 other mouses i feel were as good if not slightly better in term of feel are the WMO and the 3.0, but i can't stand the neg accel anymore sadly.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampix View Post

I see people talking about Copperhead and DA 4G, but has anyone already tried to compare a DA 3G? Out of all the mice i tried, i still preferthe DA 3G's sensor, it just feels better than the others. Can't really say exactly why though.

The only 2 other mouses i feel were as good if not slightly better in term of feel are the WMO and the 3.0, but i can't stand the neg accel anymore sadly.
I put very little stock in "feels" but the DA3G was probably my favorite sensor as well for whatever reason. Unfortunately the DA's awkward right side curves combined with the gloss made the mouse impossible to grip at times.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampix View Post

Can you list all the mice you've used/own?

·
Registered
25 Posts
  • WMO
  • IMO 1.1
  • IE 3.0
  • Diamondback (the first version, then the 3g)
  • DeathAdder 3G (both rev 2 and 3)
  • DeathAdder 3.5G (tried a friend's Black Edition too)
  • Abyssus (one that didn't jitter
    smile.gif
    )
  • Kinzu v1
  • Kana v2
  • Zowie AM (tried)
  • Zowie FK
  • Zowie EC2-a (tried)
  • MX518
  • G400
  • G100s
That's what i really tried seriously on Quake or owned. Then i tried some other mice too but i won't list it either because these were **** or because i didn't have enough game time with it.
Out of these, the only one with a "modern" sensor would be the EC2-a.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'd be curious to get your opinion on the 3g vs the 4g. If you feel like it you can buy and return from amazon. The chroma is different.

I did a review and comparison of the 3.5g and 4g, but I couldn't find a 3g on amazon or something. I tested it around the time it originally came out though. It might have still had correction when I tested it.

·
AAGGHH~ MY EYES~ AAGGHH~
3,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post

well some of those pictures don't include the beginning.
also you should be able to push it much harder if that's 1600dpi. look at my g100s plot in the op
Yeah, I'll redo it when I can. Kinda zoomed too much since the graphs would become huge and the dots weren't too legible like the graphs in your post.

As to why I didn't push them too hard? I was pushing them to the extent that the g303 didn't go wild and slip around on my mat. It was hard keeping the copperhead and g303 together because of their shapes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmr1 View Post

I put very little stock in "feels" but the DA3G was probably my favorite sensor as well for whatever reason. Unfortunately the DA's awkward right side curves combined with the gloss made the mouse impossible to grip at times.
Yeah same, i grew tired of it's shape and played with KinzuAdders for 3 years. But Kinzu's shape is a little bit too small for my hand which is tiring after a long game session. So now i'm trying different shells for my DA pcbs (Kana, Sensei ... guess i'll do a WMO next and be done with it
smile.gif
)

The sensor is somehow fantastic. There's something it does right that most don't. And we're not the only ones thinking that, earlier on this thread :
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptBE View Post

Old DA 3.0G without prediction > 3366 > 9500 & Razer 3.5G Mice without Synapse > 3310 > 3090
I'll try to get a 4G to compare it to my 3Gs (i'm glad i bought a stock of 3Gs when i did my first KinzuAdder before it became almost impossible to find)

·
Mehehe!
2,779 Posts
I ran a Black Edition with 3G internals for a while (few years ago)
tongue.gif

This Abyssus 2014 is somewhat growing on me. More responsive then the FK1, the only real drawback for my uses is a lack of a 800/900 dpi step (stuck at 1800 due to Synapse bollox).

It's a bit of an issue in "consolified" games that actually only have raw input (can't use 4/11 through windows) and don't allow me to lower my sens to a sensible value at 1800.

Also I reinstalled Synapse to redo the tests and uhm... My PC booted to a dark gray screen (Windows 8.1 color basically). This software is just cringe worthy. Anyhow it's resolved now and I can finally continue :x

·
lololol
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaokkkkkkkk View Post

As to why I didn't push them too hard? I was pushing them to the extent that the g303 didn't go wild and slip around on my mat. It was hard keeping the copperhead and g303 together because of their shapes.
yea kinda unfortunate that g303 is weirdly shaped and slippery. g502 is perfect for this though but it seems the g303 is more popular around here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximilianKohler View Post

There's nowhere near enough information available to make that claim.
dont you agree with what popups said though?
i.e. you prefer finalmouse over logitech's 3366mice even though every metric of performance that we have so far and also comments from insiders seem to indicate otherwise

·
Mehehe!
2,779 Posts
More Abyssys 2014 / G303 / Synapse tests (I set both at 1000 Hz prior to testing and checked, they both polled at 1000 Hz):

MouseTestingV2.zip 294k .zip file

I also did my own, different test, which is somewhat specific to what I just "hate" about Synapse. You'll see PNG's with "circular" in the filename. For those tests I basically kept moving the mouse in a circular movement as tiny as possible (almost moving pixel per pixel basically) and pressed "mouse1" to collect data during it.

With the circular test: What the actual... is going on there with Synapse??? It's clearly far different from the G303 and the Abyssus 2014 without Synapse :x

Abyssus 2014 WITH Synapse:

Abyssus 2014 Synapse Uninstalled:

2 images per set included in the zip, these are the 2 most extreme in terms of being different though, shown above here.

Funny enough the "non-synapse" looks more closely to the G303
rolleyes.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
hey corruptBE what mousepad do you use with the Abyssus2014? Mine has jitter on everything except for Goliathus Control. I'm also using the very first batch of Abyssus2014 with the low PCS that had to be fixed by Razer's soopersekretz firmware that they wouldn't release to the public.

·
Mehehe!
2,779 Posts
Puretrak Talent. Also SooperSekretz Firmwarez Edition, si si.

Would be nice to have some serious feedback on that circular movement. If it really is bad behavior... Time to spam their Twitter/Facebook and RMA... it's what got us that firmware update last time xD

Next up in Synapse: "Tournament DPI Scaling - More PRECISION (less choices, just halving steps xD)"

(I honestly would ditch my FK1 if I could use this Abyssus at a decent 800 or 900 step)

·
lololol
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
mousetester sometimes hides dots which are right on the border

wait what, is synapse reporting 0s when there's no motion?

·
Mehehe!
2,779 Posts
Quote:

Well that's not the core issue. The G303 and Non Synapse graph look sort of "smooth", whereas the Synapse one has these weird "erratic" kinks in it. Considering it's pretty much the same way I move my hand on the pad that's at the very least "different behavior".

·
Registered
779 Posts
Quote:

Sometimes resizing/maximizing the graph can get the border dots to show up.

·
lololol
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
yea what the.....
well even the non synapse ones dont look very good either.

could be that spi communication and usb polling isn't synchronized

·
Mehehe!
2,779 Posts
The thing is, with Synapse this movement also feels "disconnected". Like constantly changing direction left/right but only by like (on average) a pixel feels really "uncontrollable" unless I do it really slow.

I also get the same feeling with every other 3.5 G mouse I've tried in Synapse (Deathadders).

·
AAGGHH~ MY EYES~ AAGGHH~
3,578 Posts
Was there ever a conclusion reached on why the Abyssus would jitter like it did? It's even more confusing since I can't figure out when in the original Abyssus lifetime they started playing around with the firmware. All I could figure out is that the 1st gen Abyssus is in rafa's test which is nothing to go on.

121 - 140 of 707 Posts