Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
20,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be going to water cooling at the end of this year as a present to myself for X-Mas, but something has been bugging me.

If I don't use a res and am going to us a T-Line instead (I might use a res, not sure yet. Only reason I wouldn't use a res is for money reasons, and the only reason I would is because those "tube" shaped ones look badass.), how do you "tint" the fluid?

I assume just add it through the T-Line, but wouldn't it kinda...take forever?

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
20,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So premix it if I can, otherwise just adding it through the t-line would be fine?

Nice. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pook
View Post

So premix it if I can, otherwise just adding it through the t-line would be fine?

Nice. Thanks.

Yeah premix works better if using a T-line because the fluid sitting in the T-line tends to just sit there. If you wanted you could probably assemble a few reducing parts to make a real large tubing T line. You would probably just want to grab a T fitting from your local hardware store with a large threaded fitting on top.

T-lines are much less restrictive than a reservoir, hope to do some testing on this to show everyone, but I'm pretty sure that's the case. Get a 5/8" barb T-fitting from your local plumbing supply store or Home Depot if you can, they have nearly a 1/2" ID that helps them bleed faster and be less restrictive at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts