Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an appraisal for a Sony Bravia KDL-32M4000 HDTV. It is a 2008 model (manufactured early 2009), 32" in size, and 720p (1366 x 768). To say it's lightly used is an understatement. It basically sat gathering dust, and I could use the money for PC speakers, so against my desire, it's probably going to go.

I'm fine with pricing it a bit to move, but don't know where to start. I'm not looking to sell this here on OCN or anything, but rather locally, maybe even to someone with connections if they end up wanting it. It comes with the HDTV and remote only, no box or papers or cables or anything. It has a one year warranty, so there's no warranty either. There are no known issues with it.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, that seems too high. It is very lightly used and in good shape, but I think I got it for ~$450 or ~$550 new back in early 2009 (which itself wasn't the cheapest option), and prices really dropped in the following year.

·
Back to Building
4,864 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those look more in line with what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. I'm not too knowledgeable with this HDTV in particular, nor the ever changing market of them.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'd say $200 if you are lucky, $150-175 seems more likely to sell. You can get 32" ones from certain online stores in the $229 range shipped and most would prefer to buy from a reputable retailer for an item like this. While you may have a better model than many, there are much better ones out there new for just a bit more. You are going to find one of two buyers, one that wants THIS model which is unlikely or two, one that wants a cheap tv and we all know features won't matter there.

Craigslist may be a better bet to sell and get the most bang for your buck. You could probably list it on there for $250 and sell it whereas forums are a tough sell regardless.

·
Premium Member
3,939 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gillbot
View Post

I'd say $200 if you are lucky, $150-175 seems more likely to sell. You can get 32" ones from certain online stores in the $229 range shipped and most would prefer to buy from a reputable retailer for an item like this. While you may have a better model than many, there are much better ones out there new for just a bit more. You are going to find one of two buyers, one that wants THIS model which is unlikely or two, one that wants a cheap tv and we all know features won't matter there.

Craigslist may be a better bet to sell and get the most bang for your buck. You could probably list it on there for $250 and sell it whereas forums are a tough sell regardless.

Seconded. You can get a 50" panasonic 720p plasma for 550$ on amazon.com. I've had my eye on cheap hdtvs for a bit. 250$obo would be an excellent starting point. Expect to get 200 maybe.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3d using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well now, a lot of different quotes.

If I have to go much below $200, it seems increasingly less worthwhile, and I was hoping for at least ~$250.

Again, this won't be sold on OCN or any forums. I have a few people with contacts who might want it, one in particular, and failing that, I'd do it local instead of shipping it and all.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Garnet
View Post

Well now, a lot of different quotes.

If I have to go much below $200, it seems increasingly less worthwhile, and I was hoping for at least ~$250.

Again, this won't be sold on OCN or any forums. I have a few people with contacts who might want it, one in particular, and failing that, I'd do it local instead of shipping it and all.

That is your best option honestly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts