Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HT-SS2300...6234010&sr=1-1

This is for sale @ CC for $240, but I don't think it includes the BR player, Ill have to check in the morning.

How well would this work for my Home Theater, I have been looking @ Z-5500s or Klipsch Promedia 2.1s for my PS3+HDTV.

Thanks for all input
I'll be checking this in the morning before I head back to CC to see what the deal is.

Basically, is it worth it even without the BR player?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
I'd go for it, I have one hooked up to my Bravia XBR 40", PS3, Direct TV DVR and it sounds amazing. A little heavy on the bass. But not bad. It just seems slightly louder than it needs to be, but that is due in part to the walls and how they bounce sound in the room.

Its a great system.

I paid 350$ for it, and I am very happy, the no BR is not a problem, cause you can play BRs via PS3.

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just concerned for the value since it has no BR player hehe. Maybe ill go in tomorrow and offer 150 for it

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
it looks to be one of those all in one HITB units. The same box that is the blue ray player is also the receiver/processor/amp.

This means if any one of those things dies you have to replace everything. Also, it likely doesn't have very many inputs. It only says 3 HDMI, but nothing about any analog or optical/coax inputs so you may not get any to hook up anything non-HDMI.

Also, looking at the scecs it can't decode any of the lossless audio tracks from blue-rays so you may have better picture, but you won't get better sound. Also, it doesn't look like it has very good video processing so you won't be able to up or down convert anything, or if it does it probably won't be any better than your TV.

Basically, it is a very cheap all in one solution that might be nice for a dorm room or something like that, but that's all I'd ever use it for and then probably not even that.

Your best would be to save up and get a receiver, a blue ray player and some speakers so you can have something that will last, sound and look good and not make you want to upgrade in 4 months.

I've got my BD player listed in the classifieds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts