Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am going to buy a headphone. My budget and available options made me have to choose between MDR-ZX310AP or XB250 Extra Bass. Which is better for watching videos and playing games?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
I would just get whichever costs less for you. I am only seeing one difference between these two headphones: the frequency response, and the difference seems insignificant to me. The MDR-ZX310AP has a frequency response of 10Hz - 24kHz. The MDR-XB250's is 5Hz - 22kHz. To me, this isn't a huge difference, but I can see why they can legally name them "Extra Bass" because technically, 5 Hz compared to 10 Hz is extra bass. However, are our ears capable of 'hearing' this difference? Would we ever notice it in video games and videos? Do we ever play games or watch videos that have a lot of frequencies that are lower than 10 Hz? Does the equipment we're using to play the video games or watch the videos have the ability to produce frequencies this low?

The "extra bass" name seems like a marketing trick to me.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'd avoid either of those if possible. If I had to go with a pair, I'd agree with Cables and get whichever is cheapest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts