Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Have a question for you guys!!!

I have mobo Asus A7V600X with S/PDIF out and in manual says that i can plug 5.1 sound system on it

So if you could state some of these systems (from cheap to extreme prices)

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
What you'd want in a good reciever is a 24 or 32 bit DAC. (Digital Analogue Converter). This is what will take the digital signal from the mobo and turn it into actual sound. I have a Kenwood VR-705 and love it. Great sound, and a bounty of Digital In/Out options.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
well the best you can get is a creative gigaworks, they are powerful and have amazing sound reproduction, the klipsch are awesome too... but these are the premier systems, i dont know much about the cheaper stuff for i dont bother with it..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at Creative systems, but nowhere i could find anything about s/pdif, so is it 100% i can wire these babyies up?

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
The Logitech Z-5500 have a SPDIF input as well as their predecessor's the Z-680s. I own the Z-680s and the digital inputs work great, not to mention these things are loud!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
My suggestion is if u planning to spend $200 $300 u mite aswell just buy a HOME THEATER in a box with speakers for 200 bucks from there u can use ur optical output to the optical input from the receiver. heres a sample http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1110263641433
This has a dts decoder so in the future is u ever wanna watch dvd thru ur computer monitor u can actually enjoy the DTS sound quality..

Heres another one u may wanna look at not sure if it has an optical input http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4609338

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok!
will go with creative or logitech system (don't need so much power anyway - gamming, just placement of speakers beacuse curently i have 2.1)
Thanks for all you anwsers!!!

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Don't forget that digital isn't better than analog. You want the best piece of equipment to do the decoding, so only use the digital output of your sound card if you feel that your new equipment can decode it better than your sound card can. I highly doubt any of the computer speaker systems have processing close to the caliber of the higher end sound cards. Almost all (if not all) of them have cheap IC's stuffed inside a "control module" with a volume knob. If you get a home receiver or integrated amplifier though, I would most definitely use the digital out. If you don't get a home unit, I'd let the sound card do the processing if you have a good one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts