Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any of you use Sony Vegas Pro? How do you enable the GPU to encode the video? I have a 7950 and set the option in Vegas to enable use of OpenCL for encoding if available and have checked that my card supports OpenCL. But when I encode, it is still my CPU that is used and my GPU is running on idle.

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
When I used Vegas with a 560ti 448 cores, it used the GPU only if you're encoding in Sony's AVCHD format. That was for version 10 anyway, with Version 11 bringing with it far more advanced GPU support. Vegas generally likes Nvidia a LOT better than AMD cards so that might be the culprit.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Currently using Vegas Pro 12 and encoding in "InternetHD 1080 30p" setting. Is there a setting in my CCC I have to enable? or is it my driver? But I'm on the latest catalyst 13.1..

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
I just got my copy of Vegas Pro 12 reinstalled on my sig rig. When I have some time, I'll test it out. Radeon cards are confirmed to work according to Sony, but CUDA is always going to be faster for applications written specifically for it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, if you got it working on yours please let me know. I encoded in InternetHD 1080p by the way. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts