• ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P AM3.

Votes: 9 52.9%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
The gigabyte has way more Sata and usb conectors and for a cheaper price. Board one would make a nice folding board though. But I would get #2!!!!!!

·
Jack Of All Trades
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love asus. Gigabyte meh I never really had a gigabyte board I liked. But I am open to change. Tobad asus or foxconn didn't have a ROG or quantum series 790 chipset.

·
Banned
930 Posts
asus needs to f-in step it up with the ROG line and come out with one for us AMD enthusiasts. bastards on the intel side get all the killer ****.

·
Jack Of All Trades
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea my last asus board(p5e) was by far the best board I have ever owned. So thats why I am leaning twords the asus.

·
Aren't this fancy!
7,226 Posts
I just checked out both of these... Great, I've always had ASUS, but this Gigabyte with all the SATA and USB + price, looks to be quite the winner of the 2 (also the color schemes pretty nice, never liked Gigabytes, yellow and orange random colored boards before
)

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Perhaps you'd like to wait for a DFI AM3 offering? It's a shame DFI is always a bit slow releasing their new motherboards..

I'd take the Asus. 4x PCIe.

·
Jack Of All Trades
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont care for DFIs rma support. I want foxconn to come out with a quantum series board.

·
Registered
832 Posts
First off. welcome back to the green side again!

Second, if you don't like DFI, I know about their terrible RMA support but I still love their boards, I would go with Foxconn. There have been times when I wondered if DFI will ever release a BIOS that will actually overclock the Phenom II for my board, and if they don't I'm jumping ship over to Foxconn.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisB17
View Post

I like asus and foxconn the best. And yes it is nice to come back to AMD. I hate Intel.

They both make great boards. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either choice. Foxconn does have the best 780a board out, they just need to release the 790FX equivalent.

·
Registered
832 Posts
It's funny because I just said "I hate Intel" multiple times between last night and today. The build I made for my sister with the Integrated Geforce 9400 Gigabyte board with a Pentium Dual Core just keeps coming up with errors. I got so frustrated that I told her it was time for a change and I went and ordered a 780G Foxconn Board and 7750 BE Kuma.

I am still in the planning stages of a build for my dad, that's where my old Antec 1200 went to, and I had him using my old DFI DK P35 and A Q6600, but I recently sent to his house a Gigabyte 770 board and a Phenom 9650. He never needed benchmarking numbers that he would get with the Q6600. All he needs is something that will WORK, and from past experiences, my AMD rigs run circles around the intel builds I made.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
i voted for asus coz it has more pcie.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts