Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
....X....
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have problem here with my Sound card..

I have an Asus z170 Hero here and Creative 5.1 speaker's (very old ) and Logitech G230 headset.. all work fine and no problems until i decide to upgrade to the blaster Z ..

Now the sound on my headset is Awesome.. its way better than the built it sound card but the problem the Creative 5.1 speaker.. the sound very very away from me..

even some movie no sound at all.. what is the problem ? very old speaker with no Surround support ? I connect the speaker's to Center panel jack on my sound card and i try all jack but all same..

is there anything i can do to disable Surround or i need new speaker's ?

Edit : my speakers

·
Registered
209 Posts
What I find works great for my Stereo setup is to disable SBX enhancements in the SB control panel ( THX Surround and Bass ). I leave Crystalizer on. Granted my speakers are not surround but it might help fix your problem.

Regards

·
....X....
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denca View Post

What I find works great for my Stereo setup is to disable SBX enhancements in the SB control panel ( THX Surround and Bass ). I leave Crystalizer on. Granted my speakers are not surround but it might help fix your problem.

Regards
Thanks, I will give it a try today and report back
smile.gif

·
A lot lazier than before
1,311 Posts
Are you plugging each speaker into its respective jack, or all speakers into just the center channel? I would review the documentation to make sure you've hooked up the speakers appropriately. It sounds like the speakers aren't getting enough power out to provide good sound, which can happen if you have too many speakers plugged into one line out port... Just a guess!

It looks like line out 1 is the front L/R channels, line out 2 is the rear L/R channels, and line out 3 is the center and sub channels.

·
....X....
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarusIV View Post

Are you plugging each speaker into its respective jack, or all speakers into just the center channel? I would review the documentation to make sure you've hooked up the speakers appropriately. It sounds like the speakers aren't getting enough power out to provide good sound, which can happen if you have too many speakers plugged into one line out port... Just a guess!

It looks like line out 1 is the front L/R channels, line out 2 is the rear L/R channels, and line out 3 is the center and sub channels.
Hello

Smart question
smile.gif

No my all my speaker's on a one jack.. that how they work i cannot connect each one to jack..

·
A lot lazier than before
1,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post

Hello

Smart question
smile.gif

No my all my speaker's on a one jack.. that how they work i cannot connect each one to jack..
Well there's your problem right there, each jack is supposed to be for 2 speakers. Not only that, but each jack puts out a sound profile specifically for those 2 speakers, so you're not getting the power each speaker needs, and you're only getting 2/5ths of the sound profile. Sounds like you need new speakers

I would recommend a good pair of bookshelf speakers... for a computer, 5.1 doesn't do a ton. A pair of good speakers, plus maybe a decent sub, will be just fantastic compared to a mediocre 5.1 set.

• Rep+
Reactions: Mr-Dark

·
....X....
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarusIV View Post

Well there's your problem right there, each jack is supposed to be for 2 speakers. Not only that, but each jack puts out a sound profile specifically for those 2 speakers, so you're not getting the power each speaker needs, and you're only getting 2/5ths of the sound profile. Sounds like you need new speakers

I would recommend a good pair of bookshelf speakers... for a computer, 5.1 doesn't do a ton. A pair of good speakers, plus maybe a decent sub, will be just fantastic compared to a mediocre 5.1 set.
Glad to hear that.. its my speaker's.. around 10 year old
biggrin.gif

I will order another speaker's soon.. Thanks bro + rep
smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts