Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a decent 7.1 channel sound card and some decent speakers. I am into gaming but i listen music alot two and love bass. So is it possible for me to good quality cards and speakers for this price?

·
4GHz
1,767 Posts
Like, a Home Theater setup or a smaller Computer setup? If it's just for your computer, then the Logitech Z-5500s are your best bet, speaker-wise.

As for Sound Cards, Creative's X-Fi Platinum is good, from what I hear, though I bet you could afford a more expensive Asus Xonar or something of the like.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by DEC_42 View Post
Like, a Home Theater setup or a smaller Computer setup? If it's just for your computer, then the Logitech Z-5500s are your best bet, speaker-wise.

As for Sound Cards, Creative's X-Fi Platinum is good, from what I hear, though I bet you could afford a more expensive Asus Xonar or something of the like.
its just for my computer and i mayb hook it up to a hd tv also

·
4GHz
1,767 Posts
If you want to use it in a home theater setup, the Z-5500s won't be nearly as good...

If you've got your HDTV and your computer in the same place, you could build up a Home theater and use it with both.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by DEC_42
View Post

If you want to use it in a home theater setup, the Z-5500s won't be nearly as good...

If you've got your HDTV and your computer in the same place, you could build up a Home theater and use it with both.

So would i have to pay more than $300 to acheive this? I just want it mostly for my pc and to play music, games and movies. So is that the best set of speakers i can buy for a pc?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny
View Post

Do you want a 5.1 or 2.1 setup?

5.1 or 7.1 if i could get it. But i dont have more than $300 unless its something thats way better than the logitech z-5500.

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJkelly
View Post

5.1 or 7.1 if i could get it. But i dont have more than $300 unless its something thats way better than the logitech z-5500.

Being that you want 5.1 and your price range is $300, the Z-5500's are your best bet.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

View Post

Being that you want 5.1 and your price range is $300, the Z-5500's are your best bet.

So which sound card can maximize the clarity of sound i can get from these speakers? i really dont wanna spend too much on this

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Good advice

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheScOuT
View Post

This may not be what you are looking for...but you really don't need to spend much to get great sound. I know the sound card can use 7.1 and the speakers are 5.1 but the combo is great. And you will save some money.

I have this sound card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102003

And these speakers
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836121006

It will absolutely pound my entire house. Crystal clear sound quality. Together it cost me less than $150

I have had the x-540s, the G-51s and the Z-5500s. If you have the money, and want the best sound possible, accept no substitute. Z-5500s are the most impressive I have ever owned for PC...which is also my home theater.

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJkelly View Post
So which sound card can maximize the clarity of sound i can get from these speakers? i really dont wanna spend too much on this
You could pick up a XtremeMusic off of ebay or craigslist pretty cheap (as in ~$50 or so), it's what I use with my Z-5500's.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by VCheeZ View Post
I have had the x-540s, the G-51s and the Z-5500s. If you have the money, and want the best sound possible, accept no substitute. Z-5500s are the most impressive I have ever owned for PC...which is also my home theater.
So which of these you think is better, G-51s with xonar d2x or auzen x-fi prelude or the z-5500s with xonar dx or di or price equivalent sound card?

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Here is my advice: Buy just the Z-5500s.

Run optical out from your motherboards onboard sound to the Z-5500s and let the speaker's built in decoder handle everything.

See what it sounds like.

If it isn't up to par, then buy a xonar/x-fi/ht omega.

But you might be surprised with how good it sounds and you'll have saved some money.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts