Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello OCN!!

Got some issues with my sound card, Here's the background of the problem
Couple of weeks ago I bought myself a sick 5.1 system, But couldn't use it becouse my onboard soundcard wasn't good enough, so I bought a audigy 4 pro, on the dutch variant of ebay. Was on a really tight budget, and only needed to be able to play sound from my pc on the 5.1 set.

But now, after 3 weeks of drooling and staring at my new subwoofer I finally have the card, so I put it in my system, connect all the cables etc. and try to find the drivers.... Thats where it went wrong... again
frown.gif


So, that's the background. Now the problem:

The driver software from creative states that I don't have a product from them.... So I download an other version from other sites, and repeat that about 25 times over a course of 4 days (after 2-3 hours of searching I rage- quitted every day) So I finally go to the experts, OCN!

I found one driver in particular that i thought would work, An unofficial one from a dude named daniel k (http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=697079) But still get the annoyng message: Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system, blablabla. (screenie)


And it's this message with every driver... And i'm pretty sure that the card works and is an audigy 4 pro. Cannot upload pictures for some reason, But the light on the sound card box is on, so it gets power and should work. Only the software doesn't work

So, I'm pretty much frustrated, and getting angry. And it effects my ability to type english in ways that are understandable for normal human beings. Sorry for that.

So please please PLEASE help me, and ask if something I tried to describe isn't fully understandable.

Thanks in advance, awesome guys from OCN!!!!

;D

(ps- If this is in wrong thread, please send me to the correct one : D)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Had a couple more things to add. Are you running a 64-bit version of windows or a 32? Did the card come with a CD?

Also...try running it in compatibility mode. Right click on the setup.exe (or whatever the installer is called) and click troubleshoot compatibility. From there click the option for "this software worked in a previous version of windows".

If this doesn't work, pull the card and make sure its all of the contacts are completely clean (with used cards you can never tell).

There's a always a chance that the card is bad....but seeing as other users out there have reported having this same error with other cards, I suspect its a software issue on Creative Labs side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGambit View Post

Had a couple more things to add. Are you running a 64-bit version of windows or a 32? Did the card come with a CD?

Also...try running it in compatibility mode. Right click on the setup.exe (or whatever the installer is called) and click troubleshoot compatibility. From there click the option for "this software worked in a previous version of windows".

If this doesn't work, pull the card and make sure its all of the contacts are completely clean (with used cards you can never tell).

There's a always a chance that the card is bad....but seeing as other users out there have reported having this same error with other cards, I suspect its a software issue on Creative Labs side.
First thing what I did was inspect the contacts, they were good. The card is in a good state. Going to try the compatibility thing now, also I'm running win7 64 bit

And blackgambit, what do you mean with installing from control panel?

Thanks for the replies!

Edit:

The card didn't come with cd -.-'

And i just tried compatibility mode with 3 different versions, without succes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi!

Just had a night long session of trying to find the drivers. Some random creative update utility found it's way on my system, so it gave me hope, but it too doesn't detect the sound card. I checked the hardware id's for the driver and if the sound card has the rIght one, Look at picture:



I tried to manually install the drivers, without succes...
The notepad window is the inf file for the driver which I tried to install, But it wasn't made to be installed that way windows tells me
Please help me.... I'm losing hope
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGambit View Post

Hmm...Have you checked to see if there are newer chipset drivers for whatever motherboard is in this machine?
hmm could be interesting yes, I will check that out. The mobo is asus crosshair v btw
Also just updated bios to latest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just tried the chipset update, didn't work. Is there a way to modify the driver that it does't look which audio card o have? So that it blindly installs the package?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump? Really need help :S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah... I think the card is broken. Tried it in a friends pc, which has a crosshair III, And same problem :S

So yeah... Thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I'd be inclined to agree with ya. Sounds like the card is toast. Sorry man. Was really hoping that wouldn't be the case but if its doing the same thing on multiple machines, its either bad firmware or something on the card itself has gone south (and since you can't get any machine to recognize the hardware...not so much a good way to try updating firmware). Any chance the seller will accept a return?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4dowH4ze View Post

Yeah... I think the card is broken. Tried it in a friends pc, which has a crosshair III, And same problem :S

So yeah... Thoughts?
have you tried putting it on another system with Windows XP?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,760 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by croy View Post

have you tried putting it on another system with Windows XP?
No, Don't have acces to one. I'll try to find a random hdd, and try on my current system.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGambit View Post

I'd be inclined to agree with ya. Sounds like the card is toast. Sorry man. Was really hoping that wouldn't be the case but if its doing the same thing on multiple machines, its either bad firmware or something on the card itself has gone south (and since you can't get any machine to recognize the hardware...not so much a good way to try updating firmware). Any chance the seller will accept a return?
Just emailed the guy, and I don't see a return happening... Guy's kinda well... un-mannered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinterize View Post

If you paid with paypal you could always open a dispute. Or try to contact the website and see if they have some kind of buyer protection.
I wired the money to his account, so yeah... I'm not getting my money back... Oh well.

The 7970 that my unkle gave me maken everything allright
wink.gif
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top