Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im currently in the market to get a new Sound card, i currently run on-board Realtek and i want an upgrade. Right now im using Digital out to a BDV-E300 Theatre System, i mainly listen to music and do play some games. Most of all i want Clear and Crisp bass, but also good sound quality. Id like the sound card to be spoiled with features so that i can customise the way i listen to my music. Budget, well.. Just dont go OTT but try and keep it reasonable, below £150. Preferably from Overclockers.co.uk.

Thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see it being very good, but does it fit my needs? What makes it so good? I need to know what im getting from this product. Also looking at it being my top-end there may be other sound cards that are just as good if not better and may be cheaper, so a few more options for different reasons could be useful. Thanks so far though!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I have a Creative Xfi Xtreme music which only cost me $35. However, creative has been known to suck for driver support etc. I came from a problematic Creative Audigy Zs2 and am glad to say the xtreme music has been doing well. In your price range I wouldn't bother looking at Creative for music though.

I have heard great thing about the Asus Xonar series and the Auzentechs however

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you are a music lover i recommend the ASUS Xonar Essence STX, or the HT Omega CLARO Plus. Perfect for a home teather pc.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
It will goes well with your HT system and it's the best for music. You can read a short review about it here.

·
Overclocked by Jesus
4,751 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone have any cheaper reccomendations?
Going to probably get a 5850 at the same time so need to cut it down a little.

·
Registered
813 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts