Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried it and does it work? Its like, material that you put on ur case walls to reduce vibrations at the cost of airflow....

Then again why not just get slower fans...

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Noisy computer = me no sleepy in room/ annoyen when girls are over

Is sound noticably reduced though?

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
You wusses out there sacrificing CFM for personal comfort...lol I got to sleep with 5 loud case fans and a huge LOUDA$$ 3'x3' fan everynight. Plus my dehumidifier on.

Google a program called Speedfan. You can get sweet loud ass fans when say you gotta girl over put the fans at like 30%. Then after lol crank um back upto 100%

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think this is what you're looking for:

http://www.dynamat.com/computer_faq.htm

I've never personally used DynaMat on a PC but I have helped install it in a car. Not sure what differences there are between their material meant for computers and the material meant for cars, but I can say that the car material would be unlikely to have a large impact on the internal temperature of the case. The material seemed like it would be a fairly good conductor, so I don't imagine it would have any more impact than the difference between a steel case and an aluminum case.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
as far as my experience with acoustics goes, isolation foam won't make your case much quieter.

however on Xoxide or Newegg or somewhere there are little square rubber pads that you put under your fans where they contact your case that help dampen the fan vibration and do make it quieter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts