Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 865PE Neo2-PFS (Platinum Edition) back a few days ago from MSI and I keep having problems with my onboard sound. For some reason when I start pc up sometimes I will have no sound from speakers. Device Manager tells me all is well but if I go to volume control it tells me I have no sound device installed? Nuts.
It's done this twice now and the first time I had to do a manual search for drivers off my MSI cd to make it work. The 2nd time (last night) I had to remove the drivers then reinstall them to make it work. My sound is working now but I don't know for how long. I'm going to buy a sound card soon, maybe sooner than I thought. Why do you think it's doing this?

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
On-board sound just sux. I've had bad experiences with that myself, two of the boards I previously owned, the sound was distortioned or flaky, gave that up and bought an Audigy Gamer, so now I have two Audigy Gamer, one for each system.

I got my Audigy on eBay for $40 which you can still find. I see no point in value sound card or Zs or X-fi when the Audigy Gamer does an excellent job for the price, heck I think I may just go ahead and snath another to have it as back up just in case I build a 3rd system.

It's also better to get a PCI sound card, that way it takes the work-load off from the CPU to help with the sound processing, the Audigy has its own processor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts