Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I can't afford a decent sound system so I just want to get sound from PC to tv. I have tried going down the sound through hdmi setup but can't get it to work. It's not picked up in the control panel as attached and the tv say unsupported audio input. My TV does have an audiio jack next to the vga port and the hdmi 2 port. The one next to the PC port works when on the PC channel but I cant for the life of me get the other to work. Because I use HDMI the VGA one is no good for me. My Motherboard has an optical out but that is no good as I don' t have an av receiver.

Because I can't do this I was looking to get speakers that has 2x optical in ports...1 for tv and one for PC. All I have found so far are logitech ones and they are sooooooo expensive.

I just want to stop having 2 crappy speakers next to my TV all the time.

Whats the soloution?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Is your SPDIF plugged into your graphics card?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe it's a Sony KDL-40V400 and yes I want the sound to go from PC to TV. I have tried with the SPdif connected to the graphics card when trying to get sound over HDMI. Yhis did not work as It did not show in sounds... only speaker and headphones which both had a cross. I can get sound from the 3.5mm jack next to the VGA connection on the TV but only when on the PC channel. I would need this to work on the hdmi channel also. My hdmi 2 connection does have a 3.5mm jack next to it but when I use this it does not work and the manual and online spec don't mention this jack exists. At the moment i'm just using 2 PC speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on PC

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Did you plug the right leads into the SPDIF header?
For my board I have to remember Black is back- the black lead plugs into the rear-most header and the orange in the middle. Otherwise it won't work.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyworks
View Post

Did you plug the right leads into the SPDIF header?
For my board I have to remember Black is back- the black lead plugs into the rear-most header and the orange in the middle. Otherwise it won't work.

Yeah i tried varous but I knew it was correct as it said unsupported audio on the tv

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisizbrian
View Post

did u change your audio output to the tv?

In the sound menu in control panel it did not have a 3rd option just speakers with a red x and headset whick was the same

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.