Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to pass down my sound card to my son's PC. What would be a upgrade on mine? An X-Fi? Or sould I keep what I have and get him a Cheapo because his onboard is having problems working in front speaker mode.Is there any avantage for me to upgrade?

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
If you get the x-fi you will notice a boost in sound quality over the audigy

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
I've been telling everyone to get a Bluegears b-Enspirer like mine, in any review I've read (admittedly there aren't that many) it has been prefered over the X-Fi for sound quality and lauded for having optical in and out right on the PCI card itself (not requiring you to get a mor expensive model for its 5.25" bay like some competitors
) and it supports Dolby Digital and DTS which is leagues ahead of an X-Fi for watching movies on your PC.

If your speakers have an optical connection you will really notice the difference.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Wow, what happened up there? lol.

Anyways I forgot to say the Bluegears is available on Newegg so search it (internet slow for me right now
) and costs about $100.

EDIT: A second ago there were three of your posts in a row and then three of mine but it's fixed now I guess....

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
There's nothing wrong with X-Fis and the Gamer is a pretty good value for money, I was just pointing out an alternative since most people seem to think Creative is the only company still making PCI sound cards, just felt like the Bluegears deserved a mention since it is actually the superior product...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts