Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my new MB all the chipset drivers and everything. but the sound just will not work, it reads my speakers as being plugged in and everything, i even tried my new headphones.. no sound. What can i do?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Did you install the sound driver? Is the onboard audio enabled in the BIOS?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Just in case, are the drivers appearing correctly installed in the device manager ?

I would try desinstalling, re-installing the latest drivers from gigabyte's website.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Did you check the jumpers for "Front Audio" if you not using Front Audio" the jumpers must be on the correct pin out and like wise removed for using the front audio. Check your manual for the correct config.
Here is a kicker, once there was a jumper that had no metal in it so it wasen't jumping and things werent working! Well more than once actually, I've poersonally see it 2 times so far!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I once had a prob using a cheap case with front audio. The return line from the front port back to the MB was crap and I wasn't getting sound in one channel. Make sure it's nothing like that. Use jumpers to disable the front audio connections. Also, make sure it's turned on in the BIOS.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Double check your jumpers are you wiring to the motherboard. Even before this I'd check your drivers and go for the most up to date drivers for your sound device.

If not it could also be your actual chip in the front case sound. Mine in my acrylic was messed. My Left and right channel were switched with this case when I used front sound. Really annoying so I ended up re-wiring without the front sound

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
View Post

Did you check the jumpers for "Front Audio" if you not using Front Audio" the jumpers must be on the correct pin out and like wise removed for using the front audio. Check your manual for the correct config.
Here is a kicker, once there was a jumper that had no metal in it so it wasen't jumping and things werent working! Well more than once actually, I've poersonally see it 2 times so far!

+1

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Are you playing the sound from a CD? If so, don't forget the audio cable from the drive to the mobo.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartOfAHydra View Post
Yeah its realtek AC97 sound driver, and i enabled it as well
i had the same problem with the same realtek AC97 on my mobo i tried a whole bunch of stuff and gave up to buy a cheep sound card(i only use 2.1 channels anyways) prally sounds better then my on-board would have sounded

1 - 11 of 11 Posts