Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, currently I have a Maximus formula motherboard (8700K) my speaker setup consists of Logitech Z5500 and I been using optical out of the onboard audio with the speakers and it sounds great, but what is the advantage of getting like a Soundblaster card? if i do get one ill be using it the digital out.

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
Always onboard soundcard will get declassified.

·
Iconoclast
30,430 Posts
what is the advantage of getting like a Soundblaster card? if i do get one ill be using it the digital out.
If you're using digital out, exactly nothing.

·
Hey I get one of these!
7,577 Posts
Guys, currently I have a Maximus formula motherboard (8700K) my speaker setup consists of Logitech Z5500 and I been using optical out of the onboard audio with the speakers and it sounds great, but what is the advantage of getting like a Soundblaster card? if i do get one ill be using it the digital out.
As you are using Optical there will be no sound quality difference. Instead, what sound cards offer are features, like fake/emulated surround sound, noise cancellation for mics, etc.

• If you want better sound for headphones and do not need or want microphone support, a DAC/AMP combo is better for various reasons.
  • If your goal is to have really good comms without dropping $500 on audio gear, a sound card with mic features can help a lot.
  • If you do not plan to use any of these features, do not waste your money.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As you are using Optical there will be no sound quality difference. Instead, what sound cards offer are features, like fake/emulated surround sound, noise cancellation for mics, etc.

• If you want better sound for headphones and do not need or want microphone support, a DAC/AMP combo is better for various reasons.
  • If your goal is to have really good comms without dropping $500 on audio gear, a sound card with mic features can help a lot.
  • If you do not plan to use any of these features, do not waste your money.

thanks for the info...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts