Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a SOYO P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 motherboard , I am using it with a 2.6 533mhz p4 processor , Today i put it in a new case with the same power supply and different memory and it wont even start up i tried 2 video cards and nothing happens no beeps nothing .. i tried my old memory stick of 512 400mhz ddr , NOTHING! .. is there anything that you guys could recomend doing ... and help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Try using a different memory slot...also, it sounds like your PSU because you aint getting any beeps or anything.. Can you try a different processor first?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No , i dont think its the processor because it hasnt left the motherboard for about a year now. And i tried another memory slot.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fredster102
No , i dont think its the processor because it hasnt left the motherboard for about a year now. And i tried another memory slot.
PSU... here do a simple test... take out your memory, and start up your computer without it.. If you dont hear any beeps or any powerflow, it's your motherboard or PSU...

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
could u have cracked the mobo installing it? ive done that once to an old comp...good think it was just for playing around on

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fredster102
i dont know might have......
...is there any chance it could be anything else?
Not really, i mean if you know it isn't your PSU, Memory, Processor, then it's either the motherboard or the HD left, but the HD wouldnt be the cause of these problems, so yes, it sounds like the motherboard.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
im not sure im as puzzled as u right now... i cant think of anything else...have u tried to switch the psu with a different one?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright thanks guys i guess ill have to go out and get a new one then unless i can think of something then....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts