Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Logitech z-5500 speakers and when they are on and so is the computer they make a rumbling noise. Why is this?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
bass is probably set too high, mine are turned way down and is still loud..... nice sounding speakers eH?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but in the background there is a rumble like thunder. I turned down the bass but it still rumbles.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
coming from the box? could be the wrong connections on your soundscard, on mine, the black plug went into the grey hole? try that

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
does it do it all the time?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Also, if you turn the volume down all the way, does it still do it?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it does it all the time and yes it does it no matter what volume unless the volume is all the way down. I have the same mobo as you. Do you have the latest audio drivers?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey did you just plug the speaker chords into the mobo and that was it? Are you using the 3 chords or a coax or optical?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Is it pluged in to the right port?Did you try all of the ports on your sound card?I have plugged in my speakers and got a humming/rubbling sound.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yes... the only thing it can be with the PC turned down is a connection somewhere? wires not right(pos,neg) or the amp is defective, wires no good? try hooking the green wires to an MP3 player or discman. see if it does it then.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty07allstar
View Post

Hey did you just plug the speaker chords into the mobo and that was it? Are you using the 3 chords or a coax or optical?

I'm using the 3 wire, coax and optical LOL

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
have you ever had other speakers hooked up to that motherboard, if so and they worked, you can rule out the motherboard.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How did you fix the rumbling sound? i have tries all the ports. Damage how do you have the speakers hooked into your comp? Coax, optical, or direct(3 plugs)?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes i have had other speaker sand they worked fine. How did you fix the rumbling?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I never had a rumbling problem. what cables are you using?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
could be the cables or the amp is defective. I'm trying to think of something else it might be, but running low on options.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Try to plug yours in with the 3 plugs only and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts