Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to connect speaker wire into RCA (white and red) to put on an older TV?

· Registered
1,286 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackjack23 View Post
is it possible to connect speaker wire into RCA (white and red) to put on an older TV?
Yep i do it all the time on Car Stereo amps,

Edit: But it needs to be semi low wattage, so make sure you gotta a speaker hooked up to it too to draw up some watts so like this..

Stereo -> speaker -> hand made RCA -> tv

· Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but what i mean is, i can't plug the speakers with the wire directly into the TV, it only has RCA input output

· Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
like if i have a red/white connector, i solder both the speaker wire from one speaker (there are black/red for each speaker) to the red and the other speaker to the white?

· Registered
1,286 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackjack23 View Post
like if i have a red/white connector, i solder both the speaker wire from one speaker (there are black/red for each speaker) to the red and the other speaker to the white?

Edit: okay, RCA cables are Left and Right they ahve 2 wires in the 1 wrapping, so in total the RED/WHITE RCA cable have 4 wires total.

Finishing:
So you would pull them apart cut em strip em back, typically 1 will be silver 1 will be copper. Copper is most commonly negative and silver is postive(not always the case).

Make sense?

· Registered
1,260 Posts
I think he's trying to get the signal from his TV out to his speakers.

Yes you can do that, but like G.E.Nauticus said, the signal is unamplified. You could either buy an amplifier or turn the volume up really loud and see where that gets you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.