Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently have speakers seems to have a lot of distortion or breaks sound and I only have the speakers for 4 years so I would like to know if the speakers are degrading or what. When I turn the volume to a little louder the speakers would have the problem and it used to have no problem with that volume. It is near a lot of wireless devices so I would like to also know if the wireless devices would affect it or not.

·
Registered
639 Posts
By the sounds of it they are duff. Distortion is a sign of to much power going through the speakers. Either that you may have peaked (or clipped) your speakers, which usual leads to problems. Get them checked a pro audio store and they'll tell you if they can be fixed or if you will need new ones.

As for the wireless, it wouldn't distort the sound. Wireless works the same as wireless mics, audio engineers, vocalist etc would use and they get used right next to speakers all the time.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
yes if they are quality speakers have them checked out...and the wireless hardware will not effect your speakers. when u turn the volume up does it sort of have a crackle sound to it or do they just stop working completeyly..?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

yes if they are quality speakers have them checked out...and the wireless hardware will not effect your speakers. when u turn the volume up does it sort of have a crackle sound to it or do they just stop working completeyly..?

I when I turn on it on like to the middle of it max the sound breaks like it is not very clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts