Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has got to be somesort of addition to the Command Line of any desktop shortcut to make it only execute on only 1 of my 2 cores. wow that was most definatly a run-on sentence, neway, back on topic.

I really need to kno how to at least make a program always start on 1 core or the other all the time for a few reasons. 1. I really like to to multi-task and I kno when i start a program generall waht core I want it to run on. 2. On my dad's X2 he has Microsoft combat flight sim 3 and it won't work right unless he (as soon as it executes) sets it to run on just one core in task manager. 3. is a combo of 1 and 2, some programs just run better on one core rather tahn haveingto choose whice one to execute on. Neway, these are jsut a few reasons off the top of my head I'd like to kno if i could set any given program to execute only on one core, all the time.

Thx,
Alexander

OBTW: i dunno if i can do this but the 1st person who gives me a definative working answer will get sum rep

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
After a program is open, go to task manager and right click the task (.exe file) and click Set Affinity, you should be able to figure it out from there.

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by lightsource
View Post

After a program is open, go to task manager and right click the task (.exe file) and click Set Affinity, you should be able to figure it out from there.

well yeah, tahts waht i usually do it. I need a permanate solution. One that i dont have to redo everytime i close then re-open the program or reboot.

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hereby pledge to bump my own thread a maximum of once a day, or less...

now does this count? lol

seriously though ppl...

This isnt sumthing that i need to kno now but i think this is somthing that would help not just me but many others out there as well. So, the sooner the better, thx.

Ima gonna take a like 20 min nap now, ive been up allllllll night...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts