Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing im wanting to find out is there anyway to use speed step to go beyong the cpu's max speed on a laptop any mods/hacks etc.

Seondly whats the good free software based overclocking software? I tryed cpufsb and it dosent have my laptop or desktop mobo and its not free anyway.
Im looking to just gain a little boost nothing major like you all do with the bios.

Also is there any reason why cpuid would cause my laptop to lockup? I also experiance the same problem with speedfan on my pc and laptop it just freezes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok for my laptop i really need to know if there is any possible way to use speedstep to go beyond the max cpu freq? It seems all software based overclocking stuff like cpufsb, setfsb, clockgen etc etc lock my laptop up just by trying to open the program where they work fine on my desktop. I am about to go from 800mhz to 1ghz cpu and id love it if i could overclock the laptop a few hundred mhz.

·
Registered
23 Posts
you could just go into the bios of the laptop and try uping the fsb from there.

up the fsb in 5mhz steps and run "prime 95" for a few hours to test stability once it seems ok keep upping it until you reach your maximum speed, then its down to what you want.

what the temperatures as laptops arn't really good for overclocking, due to everything being packed so close together, if possible put your fan on max rpm to cool the system as much as possible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Staffmania, Its a oem dell inspiron 2500 there are no options that have the least thing to do with over clocking except speedstep and it dosent allow foranything higher than max preformance/fasterst supported speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.