Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don’t really know what happened with the water block but once I was done tightening it down it was a bit askew and I didn’t feel like redoing the thermal paste.

I had some outside corner trim sitting around after a bathroom remodel and put it to use hiding the unsightly bottom edge audio/usb/front panel headers.

Pretty happy with how it turned out considering I’ve never attempted any real cable management in my 20 years of pc enthusiasm.
Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Major appliance Automotive design Gas Television set Automotive lighting

and yeah the pump tach wire is just shoved in. I was totally over it by that point 🤣

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Me as well. Also the plastic bit at the bottom left needs sanding...deburring.

OP plz don't get me wrong...I enjoy what you've done, I'm just critical of everything.
Haha no sweat. It’s polystyrene I cut with bottom barrel snips not something I put my heart and soul into. You should’ve seen the initial rough cut.

it’s not really noticeable from a couple feet away and serves its purpose well enough

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt even notice it until you metioned it. It almost looks like it in some of the wrong holes on the CPU bracket as it is "**** eyed" too.

How are temps under load OP?

Edit I obviously didnt even read the title as he mentions it :ROFLMAO:
They’re on point which is why I didn’t go back and fix it. I hate hate HATE the process of applying paste and mounting the hs. That’s where my ocd gets triggered.

Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

it seems that Corsair used some sort of 2 piece mounting bracket that allows for some wiggle room and neglects to mention it in the install instructions, so while I was ever so carefully tightening it down it was slowly moving itself into “**** you” position :LOL:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Automotive design Gas Electric blue Audio equipment Font

i can try to play it cool but it was pissing me off. Time to stress test and see if I have to reapply paste. All these years I avoided windowed cases because I knew I was a deadly combination of anal and lazy.

wife: “I don’t know why you’re putting so much time into that. It’s just going to get dusty.” lol she’s right

1 - 13 of 13 Posts