Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know weather to post this in jokes or rants, but any way...

theres a ***** spider thats on my keyboard and im a mega arachnaphobe.

and the spider wont move....

EDIT:and now i dont know where it is.......

·
Registered
712 Posts
just think... from now on 8 tiny eyes will be staring at you from the shadows...
neeyedsm

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bartender Paradox

I dont know weather to post this in jokes or rants, but any way...

theres a ***** spider thats on my keyboard and im a mega arachnaphobe.

and the spider wont move....

EDIT:and now i dont know where it is.......

kill it with harspray!

·
Registered
712 Posts
actually unless it's a brown recluse or black widow it's harmless in the united states. Only those two can bite you and put you in the hospital. (Well tarantulas maybey if you live southwest enough but those are rare and he'd have said it was one if it was that big.) Most spiders will bite ya if you mess with them but only those two in north america can really do more than give you a bite any worse than a fire ant could.

oh... you also have to worry about Bannana spiders if you live in the tropical areas of Florida and the Southeast. But once again... those are as big as pie plates and you'd have to run pretty fast to get away from them if you ticked it off.

as far as I know there are no dangerous spiders in the Pacific Northwest.

·
Registered
329 Posts
how did u type msg if it was on keyboard?

Think bout it this way worst it can do is when you asleep crawl in ya mouth and lay its eggs inside ya

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philwn

Think bout it this way worst it can do is when you asleep crawl in ya mouth and lay its eggs inside ya
studies have shown that the average human consumes at least 4 spiders a year... most while sleeping.

·
Registered
329 Posts
i know i heard that while ago, If it did you any harm wed know about it by now. I was just tryin to put fear in him

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani
actually unless it's a brown recluse or black widow it's harmless in the united states. Only those two can bite you and put you in the hospital. (Well tarantulas maybey if you live southwest enough but those are rare and he'd have said it was one if it was that big.) Most spiders will bite ya if you mess with them but only those two in north america can really do more than give you a bite any worse than a fire ant could.

oh... you also have to worry about Bannana spiders if you live in the tropical areas of Florida and the Southeast. But once again... those are as big as pie plates and you'd have to run pretty fast to get away from them if you ticked it off.

i was bitten by a brown recluse a few years ago and it paralized my thumb for like 3 days. and i still have a scar from it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philwn
very very careful not to disturb the spider or use the keys it was in between.

·
Registered
712 Posts
So the recluse has migrated farther north than it's usual climate eh? sorry man... at least you still HAVE a thumb.

This is info on the spider...

Habitat

This is what it can do... WARNING PICTURES OF A GRAPHIC NATURE

Bite Wounds

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Yeah spiders here in UK are lame... Some will bite and your have an itchy bite for a day or so but most are lamers that die within a few days anyway because of the cold.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani

if you get bitten by a wolf spider on your fingers you need to goto the hospital. i had a friend loose a finger for not going to the hospital... ive been bitten by a wolf spider on my leg and it looked like i got hit by a softball at 120 MPH thats how big the infection was.. oh and you could squeeze like an ounce of puss out of that thing

·
Registered
194 Posts
AHHH!!! The one thin gim truely afraid of is anything liek bugs or spiders. And then you go and show me those pics... and yuor stories. lol im not going to sleep for days... and I have a test tomora:S Good thing I live in canada and theres three feet of snow outside. Spiders are all frozen. *shivers* man Ihate spiders...

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
no when its cold they make their way indoors

i hate them aswell, wow those pics are horrid

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
hehe, We got nothing nasty over here! Except adders, and they *****s too. Seen one once on the costal path when I was about 7 or 8. Ran away from me it did. Wimp.

Also found a dead black widow in a crate of bananas...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin
hehe, We got nothing nasty over here! Except adders, and they *****s too. Seen one once on the costal path when I was about 7 or 8. Ran away from me it did. Wimp.

Also found a dead black widow in a crate of bananas...
I have had up to 11 spiders running wild in my room. My dad likes spiders and he would be pissed if I killed them. I see them all the time in my house during the winter, they eat the flies. We have a clean house too, it's just that their kinda like pets. And I had a black widow clime out of my grapes once at school. Which is crazy 'cause where I live. I kept 'er in a jar in the science lab for 2 wks.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus
I have had up to 11 spiders running wild in my room. My dad likes spiders and he would be pissed if I killed them. I see them all the time in my house during the winter, they eat the flies. We have a clean house too, it's just that their kinda like pets. And I had a black widow clime out of my grapes once at school. Which is crazy 'cause where I live. I kept 'er in a jar in the science lab for 2 wks.
I never kill spiders. I love them cos they kill the bastard flys

1 - 20 of 32 Posts