Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I currently have a cable modem hardwired to my PC and my roommate's PC. I am running windows 7 64bit, and he is on windows 8. The modem is also provides the wireless for the apartment in which 2 phones, an iPad, a PS Vita, and 2 PS4s are all on (most are idle or what have you). My PC is the only one having this issue where I will be playing say Diablo 3, and I get disconnected from the server, I look down at the connection status icon and I see the /!\ symbol stating that I am still on the network but my internet is not accessable for a split second then all is back to normal. I even have a program monitoring my data from when I was using my cell as internet, and it litterally drops out for a second, long enough for windows to have an error and gets back on.

Now I looked in the event viewer and I get this lovely message
Quote:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
Google has failed me on the search for this solution, and I am not sure how to go about fixing this issue. Like I said though, it's only my PC with this issue, my roommate wont even know it happened, and if I was on any of my other devices the issue would not occur. So, what do I do?

·
Registered
278 Posts
If it's only your computer then I suspect a driver issue. Have you tried updating drivers for your LAN?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts