Overclock.net banner

[Sponsored] Beast Of Nature | ITX Scratch build in wood!

5511 Views 36 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Jokot
Hello,

Its time again for a new build and this time I am going to use my favorite material, wood! After lots of planning I decided it was going to be another ITX build that would still fit at least one 240mm radiator and long graphics cards if thats what I choose to go with.

The plan is to use closed watercooling loops for both CPU and GPU to make future upgrades easier. Ive seen quite a few wood builds over the years but nothing that really felt like me so this will be my version, should also be quite obvious what case I was inspired by ;)

Huge thanks to bequiet! and Asrock for helping out with the hardware for this build!

And here are a few 3D renders

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Senioritis Member
8,657 Posts
...Used the same big router for these parts...

:drool: Router, shmouter, that's a full blown shaper! And a really nice one (said Jeannie, jealously)!

· Amiga 500
11,601 Posts
The bends are coming out great :thumb: excited to see more

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Long time since last update, will try and make up for it with a longer one then usual

First of I finished all the wood working and added the corner pieces that will be holding the front and back pieces in place

Not a single screw will be used for the wood frame itself its all held together with wood joints so it was really solid even before applying glue.

Here is plexi for the side windows.

This is what it looked like when it was all clamped in for the glue to dry.

I really like how the bends turned out with the different layers.

Front and back are made of some spare material I found, actually have no idea what its called. But Its made up of some kind of plastic in the middle and very thin aluminum on both sides, that made if very easy to machine with wood tools.

Made a wooden jig to help with cutting the holes for the front intake fans, and it worked really well. And thanks Mnpctech for the awesome template ;)

· Senioritis Member
8,657 Posts
OK, you may color me impressed! :drool:

· Vermin Supreme 2020
39,546 Posts
ahhh, the one case that actually made me want apple products back in the day.

n now, it's just a trashcan full of mobile processors :(

epic build!

thanks for the veneer bending tip, not only is it pliable, but incredibly light. perfect combo :D

· Registered
3,197 Posts
Love!

· I miss Case Labs
1,696 Posts
Subbed for sure - always loved the look of a wood case.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
ahhh, the one case that actually made me want apple products back in the day.

n now, it's just a trashcan full of mobile processors :(

epic build!

thanks for the veneer bending tip, not only is it pliable, but incredibly light. perfect combo :D
Judging by the green on the wrap cover, you are probably using ALPOLIC, which is the most common brand of aluminum composite material. nice work by the way
Yeah I just happened to have some of it laying around so I thought why not.

Subbed for sure - always loved the look of a wood case.
Thank you guys :)

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Long time no update

But its finally time to finish this project.

Moterboard tray fresh of the printer.

I used inserts for the screws that will be holding the motherboard in place.

And here is the backplate in place.

Radiator brackets and every thing put together inside the case.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.