Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome Everyone!

After much tinkering and playing around with my TJ07 learning the tricks of the trade I've decided to start a new build!
biggrin.gif
Hopefully you will subscribe and follow along!

The main goal of this build is to move from my cramped TJ07 to the larger Case Labs ST10 and refine my modding skills along the way. I currently plan for the build to have a black, red, and polished nickel theme.

Sponsors:

EdTY0.png

Components:
  • Case Labs ST10 LINK
  • Intel i7-3770K
  • Asus Maximus V Formula
  • EVGA GTX 680 4GB
  • 16GB Corsiar Dominator Platnium 1866mhz
  • Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Raid 0
  • WD Black 1TB
  • Seasonic 1K Platinum
  • Asus VG278HE
Water Cooling:
  • Black Ice® GTX Gen Two Xtreme 480 (x2)
  • Koolance CPU-370
  • Aquacomputer AquagraFX GTX 680 - Nickel Plated
  • Laing D5 Pumps (x2)
  • Koolance PMP-450/S Rev.2.0 (x2)
  • Corsair SP120's (lots)
  • Corsair AF120's (x5)
  • Lamptron FC8
  • Koolance NZL-CU10 (just google it
    biggrin.gif
    )
Update Log:

Most Recent Photo:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So heres the start of the mod:

With the ST10 it allows for multiple 480mm radiator placements. Either one up top, front, or the bottom. For the setup I'm going for there will be a 480mm on the top and bottom which will require the PSU to be relocated. Here is how that will happen:

PSU Mounting Bracket

RPUmK.jpg

1Sq5z.jpg

zWq5T.jpg

PSU Blanking Plate for the stock location.

n0O5A.jpg

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Started off by installing the PSU blanking plate. I plan on buying a larger PSU cord and running it from the front mounted PSU behind the back panel and out this hole.

pBkrIuF.jpg

cI664se.jpg

And then there are the Corsair AF120 fans. Talk about blowing some money :lol:

ta7vGPv.jpg

These mount in the Flex Bay 120mm fan mounts. These flex bays really make it easy to change components in and out. There is any number of combinations that could be used here. The flex bays can be loaded up with hard drives or another 480mm radiator. The options that they offer are definitely impressive.

Flex Bays Removed:

LKibvML.jpg

Fan mounting in the Flex Bays:

U5AT0x7.jpg

Flex Bays installed:

oTlBalx.jpg

nLfcDrz.jpg

Not sure if anyone can help me out here but do you all have any suggestions for wiring up all the fans to one FC8? A bunch of Y's?

The 2 Black Ice 480 rads are on there way and I am going to mount those up with the Corsair SP120's.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions please feel free to let me know!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Love the subdued look of the Corsair rings, let it ROCK ! as for y splitters, I did that, and bought some 4 way Phobyas - and then ran across B Negative's bad luck with some Phobya y splitters - nearly burned his rig up ! So I went looking some more and found some BitFenix splitters. Others make their own, Mandrix and .... cpachris made their own, but then again, Mandrix has dual 480s in his ped, and cpachris, well he's got the same thing, but he's upto 60+ fans !

So I got my 360 monsta and shrouds and 360 flexbay mount - I need to go open it all up and get down with it ! Looking forward to your work and pix, lol ... race ya to the finish !!

just j/k
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by superericla View Post

I recently ordered an ST10 myself, so I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
If you haven't had a Case Labs case yet I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the fit and finish. I thought that with the overall industrial look that some gaps and lines might be off but everything is very precise. They seem to have excellent machining and metal breaking processes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketus View Post

Love the subdued look of the Corsair rings, let it ROCK ! as for y splitters, I did that, and bought some 4 way Phobyas - and then ran across B Negative's bad luck with some Phobya y splitters - nearly burned his rig up ! So I went looking some more and found some BitFenix splitters. Others make their own, Mandrix and .... cpachris made their own, but then again, Mandrix has dual 480s in his ped, and cpachris, well he's got the same thing, but he's upto 60+ fans !

So I got my 360 monsta and shrouds and 360 flexbay mount - I need to go open it all up and get down with it ! Looking forward to your work and pix, lol ... race ya to the finish !!

just j/k
biggrin.gif
Sounds like a plan!
sonic.gif
ha!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superericla View Post

I'll be putting dual 420mm radiators, a 480mm radiator, and dual power supplies in it once the psu mounts are released. Hopefully it all fits.
jeebus ! sure you dont wanna move on up to the double wide on the west side ??? you going pedestal supericla ? wow !
thats .... 1800mm worth of rad/fans !

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketus View Post

jeebus ! sure you dont wanna move on up to the double wide on the west side ??? you going pedestal supericla ? wow !
thats .... 1800mm worth of rad/fans !
Haha, no need for a pedestal. I try to take a case and fill it completely. I've been using a custom case from dwood which just fits my current two radiators and dual power supplies, but want a bit more space to add a 480mm radiator. The caselabs case without pedestal should work until I decide on more radiator space.

·
back at it
4,776 Posts
i smell copper!
tongue.gif
subbed.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a little bit of an update today!

Got the Black Ice® GTX Gen Two Xtreme 480mm radiators in. Snapped a few pictures for everyone to look at. I know the glossy finish doesn't really match the mate black of the case but I'm hoping it won't throw off the look too much.

xa92dji.jpg

gVQKhwp.jpg

r7Qt69z.jpg

TS4fKTh.jpg

I went with a higher FPI radiator so I could actually take advantage of push pull. Won't be too much of an improvement but it made more sense than using a low FPI radiator in push pull so hopefully it was the right decision!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerforged View Post

Not sure if anyone can help me out here but do you all have any suggestions for wiring up all the fans to one FC8? A bunch of Y's?

The 2 Black Ice 480 rads are on there way and I am going to mount those up with the Corsair SP120's.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions please feel free to let me know!
I just ordered AKASA PMW fan splitters off FrozenCPU. Ports up to 5 PMW fans with one molex and allows you to daisy chain them too!

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13548/cab-464/Akasa_Flexa_FP5_PWM_5-Way_Splitter_-_Smart_Fan_Cable_AK-CBFA03-45.html?id=RAV7bjxY&mv_pc=153

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrwulf View Post

Phobya makes molex ports. You hook them up to a 12v rail and attach where you need them; they come in different port sizes (2-8) and connect option (3 pin or 4 pin).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCut View Post

I just ordered AKASA PMW fan splitters off FrozenCPU. Ports up to 5 PMW fans with one molex and allows you to daisy chain them too!

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13548/cab-464/Akasa_Flexa_FP5_PWM_5-Way_Splitter_-_Smart_Fan_Cable_AK-CBFA03-45.html?id=RAV7bjxY&mv_pc=153
That Akasa is pretty neat. I havent seen that before. I can see that being very useful in some situations.

Thanks for the links! After looking around I think I am going to go with the Bitfenix Alchemy Multisleeve 3-Pin to 3x 3-Pin Y Cable Splitter

The Lamptron FC8 that I will be using is able to handle up to 30 watts per channel and I will be running 3 fans on each channel. I would stay away from the Phobya stuff after some other users have had issues with them
2cents.gif

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.