Overclock.net banner
661 - 680 of 720 Posts

· Registered
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoostrC0gburn View Post

i like the flat black better. if you still want to do lighting, you could sand down the edges with fine grit sand paper. ( you also dont always have to have leds on
thumb.gif
)
looks great! cant wait to see how you install them
Agree the black is best, and grinding down edges sounds like a great idea

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #662 ·
Thanks all for the comments.

Yesterday i place 2 mounts inside the pedestels. Because it was already late pictures where a no go.
The tubing that i use are 1500 x 16x2 (wallthickness 2mm) . Whaa i am short of tubing.
I placed a small order for 15 x 1meter of this tubing. That is ariving this week.

If i connect a 90 degree conector of one of the end of the tubing and a small extension conector on it it fits rigth in to the radiator.
I just ran in a smaal problem that my footplate can be bigger to adjust the standard better.

So i made a longer version on the drawingboard today.
I wan to make the toolpaths for the machine right away.
I feel that the mounting have a cleaner and better look this way.
This wohnt be the last part that i make for this build.

It is not my way to delay the finsihing of the build but i want this don the way i want the build to be.
My englisch is a bit rusty so i try to find the right words to explain what i am doing.

For holding the system software i want a intel 750 ssd. I just orderd a small one as try out on this small gaming rig where i am working on.
Intel 750 400GB

This are the specs.

Reading 2.200MB/s
Wright 900MB/s

If i like it i order a bigger one to hold the system software.
I already received the Bitspower cooling block for it.

I am going ofline and make the toolpaths for a larger base for the standard.

Ill be back tommorow.

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #664 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefooter View Post

I did not know that Bitspower made a block for the Intel 750 SSD. Very nice looking block!
Hi Barefooter,

Yes the do make these blocks.
I have already seen this block a while ago.

I did not know that a ssd get verry warm untill i read it.

Operating Temperature Range 0°C to 55°C
So the block keeping it cool.

I did not figger out yet the route of the loop with this extra part. Whe will see that later.

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #666 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinFX View Post

This build is crazy! Can't believe the work that has gone into the cables!
Amazing stuff.
Yes i must be crazy to build a thing like this.
Still like to build and make things for it.

No updates yesterday. I had a few problems with my system downstairs trying to installing the Intel 750 pci-express on my rig.
Grrrrrrrr. This is different. I think you already comment on those drives "barefooter".

I needed a little bigger drive so i thought lets get a pci-express ssd 400 gb. Big enough for holding my working software and a few games.
Yes i know bigger is better but also more expensive and i need the rest of the piggy for the desk and other things.

It was like doing a nightshift. I read a lot over the problems that people have getting it installed and running it.
Finaly today i installed all my software again. And i run a small benchmark program to see if my bucks are well spent.

I must say cant complain.

And further i have been working on a standard for my 12mm tubing in the desk. I made a little prototype. It is about 35mm tall and can extend 15mm. In the top part i already did the engraving, i still have to work it out on the bottom piece,

This is all for today "my neighbour is 65 year today and i am invited to the party".

But ill be back soon with more parts and updates.

"still have to make a few 60mm standards for the reservoirs and swap out the plastic thin parts Yes bling bling it has to be".

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #667 ·
25-05-2017 Playing with the cnc router and making small standards has stopt.

Time to go further with the build of the desk.

One of the things on my to do list is:

- changing the standard reservoir holders for custom made ones.
I rather not mention the many hours i spend making the blocks by hand in the past.

I now have a cnc router that is doing the work. Off cours i first have to take dimensions first and make a drawing.
I made one prototype and adjust two dimesions with a couple off 0,01.
It looks oke now.

What i jsut have to do is:
- taking over the dimensions of the holes for mounting it to the bottom of the desk;
- make secure holes to prevent that the reservoir is moving.

I think i order a few tiny insert screws with a pointing tip.

O yes pictures.

b.t.w. i dont know how it is at your place but it is getting warmer and warmer in my modcave.

He barefoorter did you already buy a intel 750 !

· WaterCooler & Overclocker
2,714 Posts
No I did not buy one yet. I don't really need it until around the end of the year, and I'm hoping they have a newer model out by then. I've heard that the successor will use the new Optane technology.

Those res mounts are beautiful especially lit up! Are you going to polish the sides?

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefooter View Post

No I did not buy one yet. I don't really need it until around the end of the year, and I'm hoping they have a newer model out by then. I've heard that the successor will use the new Optane technology.

Those res mounts are beautiful especially lit up! Are you going to polish the sides?
Hi barefooter,

Newer model !! I seen newer models from intel 3700 serie but also to much for my wallet.

I get a 1,2 TB for the desk.

And about the sides i dont know yet. All parts that i dont polish light up like a christmas tree.

I have to think about it.

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #670 ·
A quick updat on the reservoir standard.

I was playing around with the parts and pushed the standard to the end of the reservoir.
"He why i dont use the excisting M4 screwholes of the reservoir".

So i went back to my machine and made a few new drawings.
Two new parts just came of the machine and i put M3 tread in the standard so i can mount the frontplate to it.

What do you think.

I polish the parts later today and if i dont like the view i will paint it matt black.

I put more comment to the pictures later .

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #672 ·
28-05-2017 "good evening all".

I came back this morning from a extra 24 hour at the firestation. Normaly i sleep wel but this night "no sleep at all". Drunk girl jumpt in to the water and want to drown herself . So the divers had to go in. Whe came back in the morning 04:45 . Couth not sleep anymore,

**** hapens.

Lucky i have to go to work on wednesday so two more dayes to recover and to work on the build.

I hope you like the parts. I just finished the last part. 4 set complete.

1, 2 , 3 4 sets complete.

This is the other side of the reservoir where i made a new holder for today. Just one hole and no securing holes needed.

Little bit dark but i changed out the bolhead screws for lowhead screws that i received yesterday when i was at the firestation.

Thats all for today.
gunner2.gif

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #673 ·
29-05-2017 "finish the polishing job".

It took me a long time to finsih them. About 5 \ 6 hours.
And i just made a drill model for the last two mounting holes in the bottom.

Drill model.

Time to go back upstairs and drill a few holes before i can mount the reservoirs or must i say remount.
rolleyes.gif

Ill be back.
gunner2.gif

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #676 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzphil View Post

Wow those res mounts look awesome! Great work
thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

Damn, you've been busy Henry! Great work!
Thanks all.

Yes finaly the many hours off work pay off.

The next step is to mount them back to the desk (with new holes because these mounts are on the end of the reservoirs.
I also making a drill mal for it.

Ill be back
gunner2.gif

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #677 ·
05-06-2017 "reservoirs back in the desk and mounted"

Measuring out the space that i have for redriling the holes for the reservoirs.
The reservoirs are back in the desk but i have to wait for the new led profiles before i put the 12mm tubing in.

In the meantime i am planning things ahead.
Wishlist;
- 2 GTX-1080Ti FE for changing out the Titans (moved 2 to my gaming rig downstairs);
- i want the new Asus screen for my desk;
- Intel 750 SSD pci-express 1,2TB

So the wishlist meaning i need a extra 4K for the desk to finish.
I think a long list.

in the mean time i did a quick job (he he finaly). I cut the 16mm tubing for the pedestel and put 1\4" tread in it. After reameasuring and recutting it the measurement is fine.
The parts fit. So tommorow i can finish the other pedestel.

I start tommorow with making a few acrylic o-ring\stopping rings for the 16mm tubing.
The 10 x 1000mm 16mm tubing is having the right thickness so the rings fit tide.

After i took the pictures i thought "yes need to paint that seiling part in the end of the pedestel also. So that is also a job for tommorow.

Crappy pictures but the are work pictures. The noce ones folow soon.

It is no PR having fingerprints and dust on the fittings but i get it all out for checking the 0-rings and cleaning tommorow.

Picture taken from the back of the desk. The botspower extension fittings making it easier to mount all.

O yes need to clean that up and paint it. /I use paint on a waterbase "quick dry and repaintable in 20 min".

Altho the tubing staying in place without my custom made standards i choose to mount 2 at the end of the pedestel. More solid.

Thats all for today.
gunner2.gif

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #680 ·
Thursday is always my last working day befor the weekend. So i must say "Weekend" but i choose to take a extra shift at the firestation this weekend to get extra cash for the build.
No i am not broke but i can easy put in a extra 3000 euro without noticing it.

In the meantime i keep building. Like today it is one step forward and two backwards because i notice a few gaps in my planning and jobs i must plan;

- making a drainage tube to the back of the pedestel\ desk (16 mm hard tubing again);
- mounting temp sensor and drill hole for it ( must be a esay job);
- making shorter extension cables for the fans ( the original factory extension\ splitter is about 20cm to long).

For the rest i mounted and secured the 2 hardtubings today. I hope to make bether pictures tommorow.

Il be back tommorow.

661 - 680 of 720 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.