Overclock.net banner
681 - 700 of 720 Posts

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #682 ·
11-06-2017

I came back this morning from the firestation (extra shift). I slept verry good this time.
This means that i still have the power for making a new part for the desk.
I made a mountingplate for the drainage in the pedestel.
I started to make a drawing in AutoCAD and after a few minutes the lights went on in my head "this is the way i thought".
I made 6 toolpaths for the machine.
The result is what you see on the pictures.
I am going to make them matt black.
One bad thing "my camera dropt of the chair when i wanted to pick it up"lucky only my sun cap is broken. Pffff.

mad.gif
madsmiley.png

thumb.gif

Ill be back tommorow
gunner2.gif

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #683 ·
couldn't wait.

So i made the second one before dinner and just finished the paint job.

Tommorow i make the mounting standards below the pedestel then i can mount it off.

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #684 ·
Back to the build.
I get red cheaks when i see the date from my last post.
Much things going on at the moment and less time. But i am back on the build again.
I am working on a guide rail for the block under the pedestel so i can slide frontpanel open for maintenance and draining the system.

Still 28 shifts to go until retirement so i hope to have plenty of time for my builds.

Il try to make a few pictures this week from the work that i do on the build.

Ill be back.

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #686 · (Edited)
18-09

"Yes i am back".
Had a few days of from work at the firestation.
The plan was to do som work on the deskbuild.
Murphy thought i must rebuild my workstation first. Grrrrr. Well other psu "corsair 860i and two other gpu's "from Asus GTX 690 to EVGA 980Ti's" and a Asus xonar STX soundcard.
The system is up and runniong again without bleu screens.
I use the system for making drawing and listen to music when my router is at work. But also i am a gamer and i hate that my screen freez .
After i cleaned up the mess i make by switching all the part it was time to get back to work on the desk "No your not". !
No i am not first i had to make a led light panel for a college "job finished".

The new methode how to ad text to my pictures is a bit difficult at the moment.

The led panel that i made for a college. It took me about 12 hours time to make this drawing.

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #687 ·
Back early today,

This evening i have been working on the brackets for the frontpanel for the blocks below the pedestels.
It is the same size as a pedestel with a controlepanel in front of it.
I finish the drawing tommorow and then i can mill them with my machine.

For the fun i draw a keltic figure on it.
So now whe waith until i finish these parts and the i can paintspray them en mount the frontpanel.

The material that i use for these 100 x 50 mm brackets is 8mm acrylic.
The frontpanel is made out of a 4 mm thick alluminium plate.

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #688 ·
20-09 17:00 hour "Weekend"

Time to get home from the firestation. One last call cost us a extra hour.
So i am late.

At home i made the toolpaths for the cnc machine.
Almost 20:00 a clock when i went upstairs.
Some times i have to redo a toolpath because i dont like the depth of the cut.
1:30 i finished the parts.
Nex step:
- testfitting;
- sanding;
- paintspraying the parts black;
- drilling holes in the sides of the block below the pedestels;
- tapping tread and mounting the wallmounts.

When you see the pictures you will say "O yes now i know what he means".

For now a few pictures.
Ill be back tommorow. "have to help out on the veteran day for the firefighters".

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #689 · (Edited)
Yes i am back "am i".

Thats what i thought when i inspected the desk to get a idee where i left last time.
Pffff , grrrrrrr where are my cables for the psu's.
When you have about 5 x 1200 watt psu's build in and store all the cables you made in boxes and drawers then it is sometimes a big job to find what you need.
But i got them. i removed the mb-tray to have a look where alle the cables are. AAa yes "where to start first".
I made a construction for holding up the frontpanel with the Aquero 6 Pro and a few power adjusters. Happy ! yes now i can slide the panel in and out for maintenance if i need it. That is the good thing about it , the other thing is that i have to make a few cables for powering the Aquero and the poweradjusters on the panel.

After 2 hours hanging under and above the desk i know what to do. "i have to mill a few dozen cable clambs before i can mount any extra cables inside the desk". Even the original 4 way 12v splitter have to go. Yes all custom made.

A few pictures from the desk when i dusted it off and put the led back to live.

The last picture are the sliders that i made for holding the 4mm alluminium frontpanel up with the aquero and the power adjusters.

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #690 ·
It has been one year sinds i made these 4 pin wallmounts so the first thing i had to do is documentation.
It cost a few minuten but payes off in the end.

I wanted to make the first 50 pieces but it is already late so i quit for this evening.
The clamps who fit in the mounts i will make tommorow.

Ill be back

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #691 ·
Modification insertpanel

08-12-2018 Modification of the insertpanel.

No i am not in a hurry ÿes i am" but it al takes much of my time.
Spending less time then i want but the build slowly goos on.
At the moment i am working on the what i call the base "without the mb,cpu,gpu.
More of this later in the update.

So i was working on the wiring at the back and the sleeving of the extension cables.
I had trouble pulling tru the cables when the mb was in so i thought i have to do a modification on the insertpanel.

I took the insertpanel out and placed a piece of tape at the place where i want to cut the panel.
This way can alwayes access the wiring even when the mb-tray is in the desk.
These thing i did not see when i made the drawing.
I placed a 2mm alumnium strip under the edge and put a few countersink rivids in.
The only thing that was left was painting the pannel.

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #692 ·
10-12-2018 Powercables for the Aquero's and the fans.

I Want to run the power of the Pomps, Aquero's and fans from one single cable. I found out that the consumption of the fans alone take about 57 watt.
So at the back i placed a Bitspower X-station where i can plug in som cables from the fans from the right and left side.
Each step i now wright down to avoid any mistake that cought cost me my desk.

In the picture the X-station is just laying there. But after i placed many cable combs in that section and slide the long extension cables in much of the cables are pluged in.

Making good pictures are a problem during the evening. Ha ha cant stand far enough to take a picture of the whole desk.

I think just one more 4 pin extension cable to make then all 4 Aquero's and fans are up and running.
I must say that i mest up one CPU so i now must put in my spare CPU "Lepa 1600" wich have 3 x 4 pin rails. So i might put the pumps on a second rail cable.

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #693 ·
Powering up the 4 Aquero's

10-12-2018 Powercables for the Aquero's and the fans.

I Want to run the power of the Pomps, Aquero's and fans from one single cable. I found out that the consumption of the fans alone take about 57 watt.
So at the back i placed a Bitspower X-station where i can plug in som cables from the fans from the right and left side.
Each step i now wright down to avoid any mistake that cought cost me my desk.

In the picture the X-station is just laying there. But after i placed many cable combs in that section and slide the long extension cables in much of the cables are pluged in.

Making good pictures are a problem during the evening. Ha ha cant stand far enough to take a picture of the whole desk.

I think just one more 4 pin extension cable to make then all 4 Aquero's and fans are up and running.
I must say that i mest up one CPU so i now must put in my spare CPU "Lepa 1600" wich have 3 x 4 pin rails. So i might put the pumps on a second rail cable.

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #694 ·
Frontpanels for the NZXT v2 display's

12-12-2018 Frontpanels for the Tempsensors.

Tempsensors are a separate and long story.
You pick out a type and you order them.
In my case i choose the NZXT v2 displayes.
Just cutting out a few squars in the desk is not enough.
So i made a few frontpanels with text on them.
Later i washed the text in with white acrylic paint wich i redo a few times to fill up the space bewteen top of the panel and the text.

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #695 ·
NZXT V2 display mod

17-12-2018 Changing the bulky wiring of the tempsensor display's

There is a seal on the display saying "do not open" .
Ahum i have to do it eaven i have much space i just want to build in the display's the clean way.
Fot the sleeving i use paracord. And for mount i use my own made Open cable combs.
I removed the back and pulled out the printplate with the display.
Then i desolder the wiring of and solder in new wiring.
The last thing was testing and sleeving the wiring.

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #696 ·
Cable Management for the powercables of the NZXT V2 display's

20-12-2018 Cable routing for the cables of the tempsensor display's

Like i mention befor "plenty of room" but i dont want bundels of wiring.
Yes a lot of dust. That will change when i clean up.
I placed a bunch of open cable combs to the back where i put in the sleeved wires from the power cables.
I made a long cable that i plug in at the x-station. When i remember it i think it was at the 5volt pins. The thing i like is that the x-station has different voltages.
5,7 and 12 volt fan pin and molex connectors.

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #697 ·
14-01-2019 Oeps! Bigger hole for the Lepa 1600 bundle of cables.

You start with a simple grommethole but during the build you found out that it is nog big enough to pas tru the cables smootly.
I mark the distance above the insertpanel so i know how much i can cut out.
Now that the desk is in a further fase i have to lean over and try to make the hole bigger the hard way.
Pfff 2 x 2mm alluminium feels like i am working on my caselabs case.

After turning 3 a 4 sand rolls to pieces i took the file and my festool vacuemcleaner to work on the grommet hole.
Ha eaven with all the noice my 17,6 year old Jack is under the desk.
So after a while i finished the grommet hole and masked it for a small spotrepair job.
Som paint and the heatgun did the rest.

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #698 ·
New GTX1080Ti-FE and Boroslicate Tubing !

17-01-2019 Other GPU', GPU's

I have 4 Titans for the build but the GPU's that on the market now are much faster then my 4 Titans.
So i started out buying 2 GTX 980 Ti's for the rig downstairs and placed 2 Titans in my working rig upstairs.

I am folowing the word as it changes.
Whath i believe is that the new cards are great 2080 or 2080 Ti.
But i also follow the test results and from what i have seen is that the 1080Ti's are not far behind the 2080Ti's .
So i first got me a second hand Asus GTX1080TI-FE 11 GB for less then the half of the original price.
I also searched the internet about the info for Glass Tubing. First i fought 12mm is enough i later found out in a artikel made by Extreme rigs that the 16mm is better because of the id measurments. The bad thing about it was that i have to change som of my connectors out for EK-HDC pressure fitting that seems the best at the time the made the review. Off cours i walk far behind what is on the market but i need to keep going.

Yesterday i downloaded a few youtube films about bending and cutting Borosilicate Glass Tubing "Mayhems".
I think with a bit of practice i will get the skills.
So yesterday i first orderd a few EK-HDC fittings and a few Mayhems Borosilicate tubings to give it a try.

Now that i am almost retired from the firebrigade all things are expensive so i order each time a few things. 8 connectors orderd but i need 60 !!!! whaat 60

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #699 ·
18-01-2018 Package.

I received the parts that i orderd from watercoolingshop Highflow.nl.
I've read the review from Extreme Rigs about the review the made about "Mayhems Borosilicate Glass Tubing" from 0ct,20,2015.
A few things that are on my mind about the tubing;
- are the measurements of the OD like the say;
- are the HDC fitting from EKWB the ones that i need;
- can i make the bending and cuts "first i have to make a cutting table, like showed in the youtube film made by Extreme Rigs.

The first thing i did was measuring up the OD of the Mayhems 16mm tubing.
For practice i have 3 tubes "length 50cm".
I use the caliper for home use "crappy flindstone one".
The measurements i got where 2 x 16,09mm and one 16,14mm. After mounting the first connector i must say a good combination.

Because the reading on the box is in englisch whe dutch have a small problem if whe cant traslate the words. Lucky for me i have Englisch at my scool 42 years ago.
But also for the people who can read Englisch there are things to take care off "about the fitting";
- dont use with aluminium "for that i changed my radiators already";
- use Allen Key for mounting to waterblock;
- dont use tool to tiden the ring;
- chamfer the tube 0,5mm angle 45 degree.

One thing i forgot because was in a hurry for ordering the parts "ordering a 9mm Allen Key".
Because i dont have one i will make one out of a 10mm Allen Key.

I also received the waterblock for my Asus GTX1080Ti-FE 11gb founder edition.
I hope to get a second one in a few months.

The next thing i have to do is make a drawing for the cutting table for the Mayhems Borosilicate Glass Tubing.

A few Pictures.

Attachments

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #700 ·
Homemade Allen Key for the EKWB HDC 16mm Pressure Fitting

Saturday 19-01 "thoughts" and making a tool for the EKWB HDC 16mm Pressure fittings.

Still thinking how i going to make the Tube cutter Table for the Mayhems Borosilicate Glass Tubing.
It is not only the cutting but also the chamfering that i want to do.
I was thinking about the finished tube on a slider and at the end a sanding disk 400K, 800, 1000, 2000.
Stil have to think more about it.

In the mean time i am making a 9mm Allen Key out of a 10mm Allen key.
This because i just forgot to order one.

It is not the few bucks but the fun and the feeling you get by making your own tools.

I cut of the end and used a file to file of alle the sides. Avery time i turned the Allen Key to do it equaly on avery side.

The polishing machine did the rest.
It took me about 1 hour to make one.

Attachments

681 - 700 of 720 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.