Overclock.net banner

161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
hardware nerd
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Everyone,

Last night I was contacted by an OCN mod concerning the raffle. Due to an oversight on
my part it is no longer possible to hold a raffle here on OCN or anywhere else.

Unfortunately it seems that in the both my state Michigan and the state of California where the servers are based, you need to have a permit to run a raffle. The process to acquire a permit is both long and complicated. Ultimately the money has to go to a registered non-profit as well.

OCN has experience with this in the past and it is simply not a good situation. All raffle tickets currently purchased will be refunded completely to the PayPal address the money was sent from. You will be receiving a PM shortly describing the situation and what is going to happen.

The good news is that there is still a way to help out Adam's family and still have a chance at winning his build, Erakith!

Soon linked below and on the first page, will be a page where, through an OCN PayPal account you may donate money to his family. The money will go directly from OCN to the family. I realize that this may not be as exciting as buying yourself greater odds at winning. However, the real prize, helping out someone in need, is completely available still. Personally I would like to thank each and every one of you that decides to continue to donate their money. You have my deepest thanks and respect.

And finally, as mentioned there is still a chance to win Erakith, A Tribute! Through a freebie giveaway contest sponsored by OCN, Erikith can be yours! There are three prizes being given away to the first three numbers drawn. The giveaway will be open until Saturday 11-02-2013. Be sure to head on over there ASAP to get registered!

Thank you for your continued support,

num1son

Fundraiser
Giveaway

·
hardware nerd
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Yeah it's really thrown a wrench in the process. Fortunately we are still raising money for the family and you can still win this awesome rig! Just as soon as el gappo opens some threads for me to edit.....

All funds have been returned to the address they were sent from.

·
back at it
4,776 Posts
oh wow mate :/
when you said "no more raffles on ocn" does that mean bad stuff happened?
you kinda made it sound like it...

·
hardware nerd
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzaiTree View Post

Shucks, too bad.

Oh well, I'll still donate some cash. Cheers!
Awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyBushNinja View Post

It's a shame, I'm not sure what guise of doing good these laws were passed under, but they seem very effective at ensuring that a widowed mother doesn't receive maximum donations.
That's what I was wondering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waslakhani View Post

Well I am still going to donate $20.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkinos98 View Post

oh wow mate :/
when you said "no more raffles on ocn" does that mean bad stuff happened?
you kinda made it sound like it...
Nothing bad happened in this instance, but I can't say for sure nothing in the past has happened.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I believe raffling in a few states, I know Hawaii to be one, is considered gambling. -_-

·
hardware nerd
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post

Still donating, and will donate more once my school money comes.
Thanks XNine, I can only hope that yours and other's generosity is contagious and we totally blow Adam's family with our support!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRuxGaming View Post

I believe raffling in a few states, I know Hawaii to be one, is considered gambling. -_-
That is correct.

·
Registered
748 Posts
National Night Out here in West Virginia, there is a raffle that happens at the pool. Items anywhere from 50" HDTVs, Bicycles, and Game Consoles are given away.
tongue.gif

·
Baking Cookies
1,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyBushNinja View Post

I was complaining about this to the wife last night, and she informed me that we have similar laws in Canada. Guess the lottery commissions don't want competition?

Didn't know that about the 680, very cool.
That's why we have skill testing questions on contests here--because "lotteries" have to be government run/sanctioned.

So if you have a skill testing question, it's technically a contest of skill.

161 - 180 of 183 Posts