Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, time for a relatively quick build log. I initially did this build for IDF '15 in San Francisco and it made another appearance at PAX Prime 2015. I'm doing some updates on it so I will catch you up to speed and you can stay for the rest :) Intel and Lian Li approached me for this build as they wanted to show off their brand new PC-O8 chassis and of course show off the new Skylake platform. If you are going to any event that Intel is at in the next year or so, be sure to keep an eye out for it!

Sponsors:

NVLrzW0.png?3
77IXEqa.png?1

6emcX72.png?2

0kKcSi6.png?2

cfdw0Yg.png?2

Specs:

• Intel 6700k
  • MSI XPower Gaming Titanium/Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming G1
  • 2x Nvidia Reference 980 Ti
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x8GB 2800Mhz
  • Intel 750 Series 400GB PCI-E NVME SSD
  • LEPA G1600
  • Lian Li PC-O8
  • EK Water Blocks Cooling

A bit of backstory as the build log won't really make sense. Intel initially wanted to do the build with the Gigabyte board that they sent me. Then I pointed out the awesome XPower board from MSI and they got me one of those, except now that IDF and PAX Prime have passed, we're reverting to the Gigabyte...

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Looks good Derick
thumb.gif

·
Registered
901 Posts

·
Not New to Overclock.net
9,204 Posts
derrick i got 4 questions.
1- wont the sponges you used create static
2- why did u leak test with silver fittings and ended up using the blue ones?
3- how will you drain that later
4- why did you ditch the gpu terminal

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally got my replacement parts setup and the case mostly stripped down for a quick photoshoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzinho View Post

derrick i got 4 questions.
1- wont the sponges you used create static
2- why did u leak test with silver fittings and ended up using the blue ones?
3- how will you drain that later
4- why did you ditch the gpu terminal
Nah, the foam doesn't cause any issues.

I changed last minute. I thought the fluid had been more water downed then it ended up being, so I wanted more contrast.

Heh, the draining was awful. I basically had to put paper towels everywhere, hold a big cup, and pull one of the hard tubes out from the top radiator >.> in V2 i'm putting in a much better drain.

Most of my builds have TErminals, I wanted to try something new and it worked out okay with the rest of the hard tube layout.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Why doesn't anyone mention the PCI SSD waterblock? Is that already out Derrick? Nice stuff!

You get to play with some sexy hardware for sure.

Saw that case at CeBIT and I like it a lot.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
9,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickwm View Post

Finally got my replacement parts setup and the case mostly stripped down for a quick photoshoot.

Nah, the foam doesn't cause any issues.

I changed last minute. I thought the fluid had been more water downed then it ended up being, so I wanted more contrast.

Heh, the draining was awful. I basically had to put paper towels everywhere, hold a big cup, and pull one of the hard tubes out from the top radiator >.> in V2 i'm putting in a much better drain.

Most of my builds have TErminals, I wanted to try something new and it worked out okay with the rest of the hard tube layout.
A.K.A the long awaited EK ball valve
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hukkel View Post

Why doesn't anyone mention the PCI SSD waterblock? Is that already out Derrick? Nice stuff!

Thanks man!

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hukkel View Post

ALso, it should be available for sale this week

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
I am so happy to see these. I am going to need some me time, and a towel.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Looks good derick.
wink.gif

Im actually interested in that same gigabyte motherboard and possibly painting a light blue as well.

It gives me a good idea on how it might look. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
With that teaser posted on the EK Club... Subbed for the deliciously blissful gorgeousness. Or something to that effect.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts