Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Mouse reviewer
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Logitech G102 Gaming Mouse Review - by Ino

Logitech has come up with a budget version of the G Pro for the Asian market. Its main differences are a new, cheaper sensor and lower rated switches, but it also comes at a third of the price.

Disclaimer: My review model was provided to me by Logitech as I have been beta testing this mouse for quite some time.

Boxing

The mouse comes in a small, simple box with a cardboard inlay.

What's included:
- Logitech G102 Gaming Mouse
- Warranty sheet

Box:

Weight & Shape

I'm going to keep this rather short as the shape is the exact same as the G Pro. So if you want to see more about the shape and some comparisons head over to the G Pro review. The G102 is a bit lighter though it seems.

Weight: 84 g (on my scale with cable)
Height: ~ 35 mm
Width: ~ 67 mm
Length: ~ 115 mm
Number of buttons: 6

How I grip the mouse

Of course shape is completely individual preference, so everyone has to try for himself in the end. The perfect shape for me might be horrible for others. So please keep the pictures of my grip in mind for comparison.

Sensor / Performance

As the Mercury is a new sensor I'll take a closer look at its performance

That is really the best looking budget sensor I've ever seen. For more details on the sensor itself I'd recommend you check out qsxcv's thread with much more insight.

CPI steps

The CPI steps seem to be a bit below proclaimed value, but they are close enough imo.

Jitter tests in paint

All fine here too.

Speed related accuracy variance
Angular displacement in that video was as follows

-0.08, 0.53, 1.22, 1.33, 0.72, 1.49, 2.36, 1.49, 0.91, 2.97

The method I use here is not too exact but still the result is impressive, that is a similar level as the 3366.

Lift Off Distance

LOD is pretty low, less than 1 CD.

Software

LGS, like you'd expect with a Logitech mouse. It has the same features as the G-Pro, only surface tuning is missing, which isn't necessary anyway.

In the start screen you can change between On-Board and game detection

Set the buttons, CPI steps, polling rate

Change color, color schemes, lighting effects etc.

Heatmap your usage

Buttons / Scroll Wheel / Cable

The main buttons are Omron D2FC-F-7N, according to the packaging it should be the rated 10M version, however mine has no rating on it, so it might be 5m? Wheel button is one of those square panasonic ones (I think), CPI and side buttons are Kaihl. Button latency against a G Pro is close to identical as was to be expected.

G102 (A) vs G Pro (B)

The mousewheel has a Kaihl mechanical encoder, feels really similar to the G Pro one, I like it. The mouse wheel click is much lighter on this G102 than on my G Pro, but from what I heard current G Pros are the same.

The cable is the best cable of any Logitech mouse I've ever seen. If I didn't have a modded G Pro with a paracord cable I'd use the G102 over the Pro just for the cable.

Build Quality

All I can say is that my version has no issues at all. I personally love the surface of the mouse and think it is really grippy, but it's really the same as the G Pro and I've heard complaints about that. I don't understand how it is slippery for others but I have really dry hands, so maybe it is worse for hands with more moisture.

Conclusion

I don't really understand Logitech. They sell this mouse for less than half of the G Pro with basically the same performance and a better cable??? If I had to decide now between G102 and G Pro I'd pick the G102 100%. As I already have a G Pro with a paracord cable mod I won't switch to the G102, but what I did do was exchange the shells so my G Pro is now in the white shell, that works without any issues.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post

What about the big question: how stiff do the buttons feel? Can you rest finger on the RMB?
mine are obviously stiffer than the G303, but i suppose everyone expected that one.
left is a little bit too stiff for my liking, right is nice. both buttons are somewhat loud.

i haven't accidentally pressed either of the buttons. this does happen for me with the g303, but maybe that's just the shape, and not the lightness of the buttons..

·
lololol
4,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

The cable is the best cable of any Logitech mouse I've ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucake View Post

- legit the best logitech cable i have ever used. not exaggerating, there is absolutely no contest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post

probably the best cable logitech's ever used. not as good as stripped deathadder cable, but whatever.
been seeing this an awful lot

·
Registered
223 Posts
Quote:

Mine are light, but tactile. I can keep my fingers on the buttons but not with their full weight. I don't mind that though.
Hello Ino
Can i upload your review in my korea blog.
I want know your blog address.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Will Logitech eventually release this mouse to other regions when they decided they have sold enough Pros or are they going to use the Pro to recoup the costs for the new sensor?

·
Retired Moderation
10,698 Posts
Great review ino.

Like the color but personally I still couldn't choose this knowing the sensor and switches were sub-par to G Pro.

Nice mod with your G Pro innards into the white shell, that I could see.
thumb.gif

·
Intel/Nvidia
3,451 Posts
Ino, I was just about to order the Logitech G Pro. But for some reason, after reading your review, you're stating THIS mouse is identical to the G Pro for less price?! That's insane. Also according to the pics, the mouse does look like the same shape and size as the G Pro. (Can't confirm if true or not, just my eyes). Now you're making my choice more difficult. Christmas is around the corner, I need to finalize my wish list.

·
Mouse reviewer
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post

been seeing this an awful lot
Because it's true
smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFlow View Post

Hello Ino
Can i upload your review in my korea blog.
I want know your blog address.
Sure, but I don't have a blog. You can link to this here (and my YouTube if you like)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisethe3 View Post

Ino, I was just about to order the Logitech G Pro. But for some reason, after reading your review, you're stating THIS mouse is identical to the G Pro for less price?! That's insane. Also according to the pics, the mouse does look like the same shape and size as the G Pro. (Can't confirm if true or not, just my eyes). Now you're making my choice more difficult. Christmas is around the corner, I need to finalize my wish list.
It's the exact same shape with cheaper switches and a cheaper but still really good sensor. So I'd say go for the G102.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quote:

Because it's true
smile.gif

Sure, but I don't have a blog. You can link to this here (and my YouTube if you like)
It's the exact same shape with cheaper switches and a cheaper but still really good sensor. So I'd say go for the G102.
Your G102 description sounds oddly similar to my g pro 1638+ description...

Great, cable.
Tactile and lighter clicks...

does the body feel more grippy/coarse compared to your G Pro?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Such a hipster mouse, looks like a classic white ball mouse but flows in some leds, hipster life

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.