Overclock.net banner

[SPONSORED] OCN Test Bench / YouTube Render Rig!

6381 Views 49 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Bill Owen
Yep, what I have here is a proof of concept for the OCN Test Bench / YouTube Render Rig!

The thought is to make a fully water-cooled rig consisting of 2 independent loops, 1 for CPU, 1 for GPU, both having QDCs on them for easier testing/swapping. Since the PC-T70 only really supports 1 360mm radiator in the back, I decided to make my own brackets to mount in front of the PSU mounts. I know I could have gotten the additional accessory T70-1 X, but that makes it bigger and not able to be as accessible.

Lian Li PC-T70
http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt-portfolio/pc-t70/

Lian Li T70-1 X
http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/t70-1/

OCN Test Bench/YouTube PC consists of:

Intel i9 7900X CPU
AsRock X299 Taichi Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4 3200 16GB RAM
Zotac GTX 1070 Ti Amp Extreme! GPU
EVGA G2 850 Gold w/ EVGA Black Cableset
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 PCIE NVME SSD
Lian Li PC-T70 Test Bench Chassis

SPONSORS

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Overclocker in training
14,851 Posts
Hi,
Fan grills are pretty cool overkill for a test bench though.

14,851 Posts
Hi,
Add one to the next "computer case" build would also be pretty awesome :)

14,851 Posts
Hi,
All I was saying is test bench is not a main stream product they take up twice as much space as a conventional computer
Not exactly sure why people focus on them as a special build.
Frankly I have 2-450D cases on my desktop where i could only fit one test bench so just saying test benches are impractical and more focus should be on real computer builds with cool stuff not test benches.

· I TeK things...
18,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi,
All I was saying is test bench is not a main stream product they take up twice as much space as a conventional computer
Frankly I have 2-450D cases on my desktop where i could only fit one test bench so just saying test benches are impractical and more focus should be on real computer builds with cool stuff not test benches.
I don't think you understand the point of THIS build.

· Registered
5,446 Posts
Some people man...lol

14,851 Posts
I don't think you understand the point of THIS build.
Hi,
You're absolutely correct about that it's not a main stream want more of a pet project.

· Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Hi,
I won't use anything other than a test bench! For starters, I review so many products that it doesn't make sense for me to use a conventional case, and secondly I just love having quick access to all my hardware. Even if I didn't review PC hardware, I would still stick to a test bench because it appeals to me.

· I TeK things...
18,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I won't use anything other than a test bench! For starters, I review so many products that it doesn't make sense for me to use a conventional case, and secondly I just love having quick access to all my hardware. Even if I didn't review PC hardware, I would still stick to a test bench because it appeals to me.
While I see the appeal of a traditional chassis, a test bench is awesome if you are swapping parts in and out like you and I. :D I agree, to be able to swap out a motherboard within minutes is amazing. The purpose of this build is to be quick and have effective great cooling for both the CPU as well as the GPU.

· Still here...
10,295 Posts
Wow just wow... Guys the quality from Bill is AMAZING. If you haven't gotten anything from Mnpctech, his quality is no joke! This is in preps for the Overclocknet Test bench/Render PC!

I've bought from Bill in the past and have to say that the quality of his parts fit & finish wise is top notch.

· I TeK things...
18,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)

Well had a little bit of a setback yesterday, put a wee bit too much of a coat while painting the base coat. Had to sand down and get it flat again. But in the end, I took out a few imperfections along the way. Also got the PSU mounted to the bottom tray. Speaking of PSU, I am swapping it out for a EVGA G2 850 Gold for a few reasons. One, the cabling on the Xigmatek unit is well, ugly. Two, I already had a custom cable set from EVGA already. Lastly, the slate gray on the EVGA unit already matches the paint color much better. This also means, I won't be able to use those nice billet cable combs from MNPCTech. :( I will have to use them in a future project for sure!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.