Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 1250 Posts

·
Computer Art
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here we go yet again! Here's my first of two builds this fall, another team up with Parvum Systems, this time for a highly customized Advanced Warfare themed mITX build. Originally I was set for a totally different theme but then last week at Gamescom Microsoft showed off their limited Advanced Warfare controller and console. I then switched themes and have decided to tread familiar ground in doing a build inspired by another Xbox One controller. I just couldn't help myself. I'm pretty inspired by the controllers color pallet, it's very unique and I think this build will turn out completely amazing with the plans I have...

This build is possible with the support of Swiftech, DazMode, Darkside, Ensourced Cables, and of course the talented lads at Parvum Systems.

Here's the controller I'll be using for the inspiration here:

Z6hK5Uc.jpg

Main Components:

Case - Parvum Systems custom mITX
CPU - Intel 4790k
Motherboard - EVGA Z97 Stinger
Memory - GSkill 16Gb 1866
GPU - Nvidia Titan Black
SSD - Samsung EVO 500Gb
PSU - Corsair RM650

Watercooling Components:

CPU Block - Swiftech Apogee XL
GPU Block - Swiftech Komodo NV LE
Radiators - Darkside 120mm and 240mm
Ram Block - Bitspower
Pump - Swiftech MCP 35X
Pump Housing - Bitspower
Reservoir/Pump Top Combo - Bitspower
Fittings - Bitspower True Brass
Tubing - E22 12mm OD acrylic tube
Coolant - (still undecided)

Miscellaneous:

Ensourced custom cables
Darkside lighting
Custom vinyl and paintwork by me
Fans - Enermax Twister Pressure

I don't have 100% of the components chosen yet, but I'm almost there. Parvum currently has my case design mockup and will be starting it next week - it's going to be spectacular. I'll update this component list as things progress.

Thank you all for the support and following of my previous builds. The community feedback from the Robocop build, and especially the Titanfall build, has truly been overwhelming and I owe it all to you. Let's get this thing started!!!

Progress Index

1. Motherboard and CPU

2. Fittings and pump bottom!

3. The GPU and a box from Swiftech...

4. The Swiftech Apogee XL and KOMODO NV LE

5. Darkside radiators from DazMode

6. Fannnnzzzzzz...

7. PSU, Ram and SSD

8. Swiftech pump/res combo complete

9. Ram heat sinks installed

10. Custom Swiftech block pieces

11. Vinyl cutting tutorial

12. Swiftech block installed on motherboard

13. Case teaser from Parvum Systems

14. Customized PSU done

15. Fannnnzzz... part 2

16. Custom SSD done

17. Parvum case reveal video

18. Case picture gallery

19. Case graphics complete!

20. Replacement ram done...

21. Fluid!

22. Front rad and fans installed, reservoir positioning, and I/O shroud done

23. Custom cables from Ensourced arrived!

24. All loop pass-throughs drilled, loop ready to install

25. Happy "Advanced Warfare" Halloween!

26. Loop is installed!

27. Darkside Lighting

28: Finished Build Unveil Video

29. Final photos!!! Thanks everyone!

·
Computer Art
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheozero View Post

I lost interest in CoD a long time ago, but I must say, that controller is amazingly sexy.
I honestly did too, but in addition to being inspired by that controller the game is seriously looking good, I must admit
smile.gif

·
Registered
121 Posts
That controller is next level, a build in that theme is gonna be awesome! subbed
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
So subbed to this. But y'know? You should do something like matte nickel plated copper tubing in this build imo, rather than acrylic. It would fit the theme of it really really nicely given the color palette of that controller that you are deriving inspiration from.

·
Computer Art
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

So subbed to this. But y'know? You should do something like matte nickel plated copper tubing in this build imo, rather than acrylic. It would fit the theme of it really really nicely given the color palette of that controller that you are deriving inspiration from.
Anything is possible... That's a good idea. My other upcoming build is specifically using copper so I have a lot. The only thing with the tubing/coolant is that it has to perfectly complement the gold fittings. I have the color balance and design worked out pretty well in my head, the only thing I'm really not sure about is the coolant. I will keep the tube idea in mind
smile.gif

·
Fusion is Future
1,393 Posts
Yes yes yes !!!
biggrin.gif

·
Amiga 500
3,680 Posts
Subbed of course for greatness and head shots
biggrin.gif

The color scheme of the controller makes me more anxious to see the Parvum case