Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
beb55518_b1.1.png

Introduction
Welcome to my next build! This time, I'll go with an ITX build so I stay in the Small Form Factor (SFF) area. As you might realize, I really like computers with a small footprint. My main goal will be to have the rig as clean and as simple as possible. I have a few ideas at this moment and I am working out the details on a daily basis.

You can expect me to post a good quantity of photos that shows the details and the making-of my second build. All photos will be taken with my newest OnePlus One smartphone.

Sponsors
I would like to thank you Parvum Systems and Bitspower for making this build happening.

Table of contents
Social
  • Instagram: #ProjectPurpleHorizon
  • Facebook: ProjectPurpleHorizon

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The components
Standard
  • CPU: i5-4690K [Received]
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Impact (z97 mITX) [Received]
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1 [Received]
  • SSD: Crucial M500 [Received]
  • Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 (04G-P4-2974-KR)
  • Memory: GSKILL
Watercooling

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
d154f636_b2.png

The first order
I submitted my first order this morning and guess what, it has already been shipped! Trust me, @Dazmode is awesome!

The components
I already know what the computer case will be but I'm waiting to finalize a few details before sharing that information with you. I'm not under any NDA, I just want to confirm a few things before sharing this exciting news with you! That being said, the case will allow me to put a 120mm and a 240mm radiators so you can expect the system to be fully watercooled. I don't think I will be overclocking this one since this is an ITX build. My #ProjectOrangeHorizon will remain my main gaming system. This second build will be used for something else including casual gaming. It will still have enough torque to play big games, but I don't want to spend another 5k for this build (at least for 2014-2015).

Photo

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
d154f636_b2.png

Unpacking the first order
I received my first order yesterday. As I said, the team at DazMode is really great. I submitted my order in the morning and it was ship the same day. It took the standard two business days to travel from Ontario to Quebec.

I took a few photos and I tried to be a little bit more professional with my setup. Last month I changed my Nexus 5 for a OnePlus One and I hope the quality of the photos will be better. The name of this build if the Project Purple Horizon so I thought it would be nice touch to have a little bit of purple in the background for each photos... What do you think?

I still need to set a better photo-shoot environment, but it will do the job for now
smile.gif

Photos
The package

The reamer

The 120mm rad

The 240mm rad

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose135 View Post

Subbed. Have you decided on a case yet? Will it be the Parvum ITX?
Thank you for joining this project. Yes it will be a Parvum ITX but it will be really special... More details will come within the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbora View Post

Subbed!! Awesome to see a new build coming from you.
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheozero View Post

It has purple in it, I'm subbed.
Cheers mate
smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by imersa View Post

Subbed for SFF & Purple of course !
That's what I'm talking about
redface.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameswalt1 View Post

Subbed because obvious sub is obvious
biggrin.gif
It's always an honnor to have you around
thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicOtis13 View Post

Sub a dub dubbed
Thank you!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
d154f636_b2.png

The cable sleeving options
I'm at the point of designing the cable sleeving colors. I'll probably order them from ensourced unless someone convince me to go with another company. I'm open to suggestion and my final choice hasn't been taken yet.

My idea was to use the Acid Purple Paracord Sleeved Extensions (#4223bf) as well as the standard White color.

Which option do you prefer?

Options
Option 1

http://choosemypc.net/sleeving/?p=5496d65ef2fff

Option 2

http://choosemypc.net/sleeving/?p=5496d68c8bbc8

Option 3

http://choosemypc.net/sleeving/?p=5496d6c635a94

Option 4

http://choosemypc.net/sleeving/?p=5496d6fa9316c

·
Sgt. Wolf S. Bora
4,304 Posts
I personally am not a fan of symmetry when it comes to sleeving. However, out of those options I'd go with 2 (voted too).

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbora View Post

I personally am not a fan of symmetry when it comes to sleeving. However, out of those options I'd go with 2 (voted too).
Thank you for voting. I'm interested to see what you would suggest to me. Can you go on [http://choosemypc.net/sleeving] and show me what you like?

·
Fusion is Future
1,393 Posts
Subbed mate
thumb.gif

1 - 20 of 230 Posts