Pretty
Obtuse
Sleeper

HARDWARE

CPU : Intel i5 8600K with Fanless Phanteks PH-TC12LS
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z370N-Wifi
RAM : Team Group Nighthawk White 2*8GB 3600/18
SSD : Crucial MX200 500GB m.2
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini OC with Li-Heat 30cm B-type riser and 3D Printed mount
PSU : HDPlex 400W HiFi DC-ATX with brick
Monitor : 15.6" 1366*768 built in with HP Pavillion 32q 2560*1440 IPS external
Case : Eclipse 1500C

·
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So here's the case in all it's glory, it's an Eclipse 1500C Point Of Sales (also called POS), gives you the reason why I choose the name too! :D

These pictures are after a good bath there was so much dust in there, it needed to go for a dishwasher cycle! pictures are with the monitor disassembled, it was a touch screen TFT 15" monitor, which I won't be using.

·
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Happy to announce this project will be in collaboration with HDPlex with one of their 400 DC-ATX Hi-Fi power supplies along with a power brick to power it as well as Gigabyte who will be supplying a Z370N-Wifi motherboard and GTX 1070 Mini OC!​

·
Typo Elemental
3,223 Posts
Subbed! :thumb:

·
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Laptop LCD built into the frame instead of the stock 15" TFT. Looks much crisper than that stock display and will serve well as a secondary display :)

·
Amiga 500
3,662 Posts
Sub'd :thumb:

·
Registered
112 Posts
OOOOH! please use one of the old RM 2000 cases, ugly AF but the ultimate sleeper frame!
Love the mini display, will this be hidden inside the frame to be viewed when in "display mode"?
Subbed

·
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OOOOH! please use one of the old RM 2000 cases, ugly AF but the ultimate sleeper frame!
Love the mini display, will this be hidden inside the frame to be viewed when in "display mode"?
Subbed
It'll be used as secondary display to replace the original VGA 15".

Also, do you have any pictures of the case?

·
Registered
112 Posts
It'll be used as secondary display to replace the original VGA 15".

Also, do you have any pictures of the case?
My School had one of these and it was the height of technology!

Wont let me add pics...
google RM nimbus

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's the point so old and gross no one would ever suspect it has the heart of a lion in there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts