Overclock.net banner

[SPONSORED] XForma MBX MKII + 5K Monitor + Intel 5960X/ROG RVE - All Liquid Cooled

66375 Views 359 Replies 101 Participants Last post by  Gamer2021
ZWx4j7w.png?1

Sponsors!

xgx7eSk.png?1

2sIf3pR.png?1

tmTmLMO.png?1

shf667h.png?1

This is the build to end all builds! My 2015 dream machine build log is here. I've partnered with a bunch of awesome companies to bring together my "last" build log. To clarify, my last, as in my last daily driver. There will still be plenty more logs for dedicated folders and show rigs :D

Specs:

• Murdermod/XForma MBX MKII - ROG Edition
  • Dell UP2715K (5120x2880)
  • Intel 5960X
  • Asus Rampage V Extreme
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x8GB
  • 3x Nvidia Titan X
  • Seasonic 1200W Platinum
  • Cooling by EK Water Blocks
  • Sleeving provided by Sanctum Sleeving

Updates!

1. Monitor + PSU
  2. Small Asus Update
  3. Playing with new photo gear
  4. Big Asus Update!
  5. EKWB stuff arrives
  6. MKII arrives!
  7. Titan Xs blocked up and experimentation!
  8. Final V1 photos!
  9. PSU + Sleeving!
  10. New update!

Welcome aboard!
321 - 340 of 360 Posts

· Premium Member
14,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninhalem View Post

So by you using the Ascendancy, does that mean EKWB will start selling the product in the future, or are you just using prototype parts?
We will sell a different version of Ascendacy in the future, I just happen to have most of the prototype boards from the first gen with me :D

· Premium Member
14,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by derickwm View Post

We will sell a different version of Ascendacy in the future, I just happen to have most of the prototype boards from the first gen with me
biggrin.gif
Now that you mention it, how's Signalkuppe doing, any news?
Sadly none for now :(

· Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,654 Posts
Quote:

Sadly none for now
frown.gif
Pity, it seems like a great product that could have the potential to utterly destroy other solutions on the market. Just wish more info would come about and consumers could actually buy into it ^_^

· Premium Member
14,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

Quote:

Sadly none for now
frown.gif
Pity, it seems like a great product that could have the potential to utterly destroy other solutions on the market. Just wish more info would come about and consumers could actually buy into it ^_^
We want to launch just as badly as you guys want it! This product has been around since the first day I was hired... nearly 3 years ago :(

· Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,654 Posts
Quote:

We want to launch just as badly as you guys want it! This product has been around since the first day I was hired... nearly 3 years ago
frown.gif
So, in other words, Tiborr and the rest of the crew are busting their asses to not only work on the product when able to, but also do their best to not provide proof he's actually a wizard. Y'know, the spell casting type since he seems capable of pulling a number of things out of thin air (in a good way)
tongue.gif

· Premium Member
14,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

Quote:

We want to launch just as badly as you guys want it! This product has been around since the first day I was hired... nearly 3 years ago
frown.gif
So, in other words, Tiborr and the rest of the crew are busting their asses to not only work on the product when able to, but also do their best to not provide proof he's actually a wizard. Y'know, the spell casting type since he seems capable of pulling a number of things out of thin air (in a good way)
tongue.gif
Exactly
:h34r-smi

· Meep
5,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicAcid View Post

I just found this project. Then I found the ascendancy.... Then I found out it doesn't exist yet.

Great stuff, and I cannot wait to see the result. This MKII I want so badly.

But I need the ascendancy... In black PCB :'(
Quote:
Originally Posted by EK_tiborrr View Post

Let me just leave this here then: my new baby, called Signalkuppe for the moment. Why? Because it's a PWM-only controller.

Either PCIe slot or 6-pin PCIe power connector, USB connectivity (no waste of PCIe signal lanes).
Availability: January 2016. Pricing? Very competitive!

We will do a short white-up on the product next week.
wink.gif

· Casual Watercooler
351 Posts
I definitely like the PCI format, and don't understand people whining about cables going across the motherboard. Everyone knows that most modders will find a way to make the cables combed and appear perfect like the motherboard and GPU cables.

· Case ***der
5,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninhalem View Post

I definitely like the PCI format, and don't understand people whining about cables going across the motherboard. Everyone knows that most modders will find a way to make the cables combed and appear perfect like the motherboard and GPU cables.
No way would I ever use it in one of the PCIe slots. All the fans and sensors running to it are going to look messy. I see no way around that. Thankfully it can be powered w/ a 6-pin connector instead.

· Premium Member
14,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 ·
Guys. I'm almost done. Finishing up the tubing this week, here are some photos:

I had to clean up the blocks and backplates... coolant dried in them and were getting a little dirty:

I8boFmM.jpg

Top: Cleaned | Bottom: Pre-cleaning

xJB1Zw6.jpg

Redid the cable management:

ahsF4HH.jpg

Results:

mwgIDXm.jpg

EKfwxSo.jpg

So close guys! Sorry for the delay...

· Master of Black Snow
19,261 Posts
Where did you get that fantastic RoG plate on the back of the MB tray? Right smexy that is, wot?
yessir.gif

~Ceadder
smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

321 - 340 of 360 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.