Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
YouCanTellCauseTheWayItIs
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday whe i was playing BF2:SF I noticed that there were a bunch of black spots and flickering across the screen. I tryed changing the video settings to a lower postition, but no change. I tryed it in another game just to see and i think i was getting a little of the same thing. And the thing that makes me mad is that i just got my video card back from the manufacture after sending it to fix it. unless this isn't the video card. i'm going to try it out today after school to see if the problem persists, mabey i just needed to resart my computer. any ideas? suggestions?

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean by artifacts?
and how can i make sure it's not running too hot?

·
Registered
451 Posts
What you described xactly fits the description of aritfacts.

Your card is either

1.) too hot
2.) dying
3.) faulty, electrical-wise

Either way, that's just wrong; take it back in for repair, and hopefully this time around they will actually do something about it.

What company, btw?

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Manufacture of my video card is VisoonTek. It's and Xtasy card.

And i just founf out that the monitor on my computer is dea... I just went to get some picture off my computer i took of some ingame shots to show you guys the problems, and my monitor would turn on. I did try our dell lcd and that worked.
But now there's another dilema! When i turn on my computer after it shows the windows loading thing and then it's supposed to got the the log in screen. it doesn't go to the log in screen. it just stays black. so now i've got a bigger problem. i can even get on my computer. any help?

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
is your pc overclocked? if so back some settings down in the bios and see if you can get into windows...

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope it's not overclocked. It should be set at normal right now.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
take out some of your ram, try it with 1 at a time and see if it is your ram...

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I'm not going to be able to do anything tonight. I need to borrow a monitor from someone. and if it's necassay, there's a shop i can take it to near me that will check my system for $35. I'll probably do that just so i don't screw anything up. and the worst thing is, i just sent my video card to visiontek to get it fixed and now i'm having trouble with it again! a week later.

I'll get back to this thread tommorow afternoon.
If anyone else has any input please share.
I really need some help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.