Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i run adaware or spybot (unsure of which, as i have both, and i don't want to run them again to find out which one) and it tells me it must reboot and run at startup to remove certain spyware. I do this, and when i select remove spyware (after rebooting) it displays "INCORRECT PARAMETERS" and locks up the system... ***....
If someone has another spyware removal tool i should try or anything that can help in the next half hour, please let me know.
BTW this problem is not with my comp... it's a customers... here are the specs

Win98
Intel P!!! 600MHz
192 megs of sdram
20gb HDD
DVD-ROM
56k modem
NVidia TNT2 128-bit 8MB graphics

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone, this is urgent!!

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
You need to restart and run it in safe mode.........the spyware you have is running in the background causing your lock up..........safe mode scan will fix this

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
running safemode sounds like a plan... i'll do that first

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i went through safemod, and it got me nowhere... the program was adaware. i saved a list of the files that it could not remove and removed them manually from DOS. now i have no spyware, according to ad-aware. thx guys

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash
Trend micro's House Call is a good free online scanner

well, i'm done... removed a total on 1259 spyware programs on her computer... took a long time, but she says her comp is much faster than it used to be, thanx guys. this thread may now be closed.

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
lol 1259 is quite a record, i removed 734 from somebody's but that is my highest. 6 years without an adware scan...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts