·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Selling over five million copies since its release
in 2000, FINAL FANTASY IX proudly returns on smartphones
and PC! Now you can relive the adventures of
Zidane and his crew in the palm of your hands!

With high-definition graphics, newly added achievements, auto-save, high speed mode, and several game boosting features, the game is easy to pick up and play no matter where you go.
Source: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff9/en/

Well, it was only a matter time seeing as almost every other Final Fantasy game has gotten ports.

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts

·
He bought?
2,290 Posts
Oh man this takes me back. Though with all these porting of the FF series; hope they have in mind about bringing the entire Front Mission series to PC.

·
Ore Wa Gundam
1,800 Posts
Finally!!

I've been waiting ages for FFIX, it was my favourite of the series too. <3 Vivi.

And likewise for Front Mission, loved FM3, evolved was a letdown for me.

Weeeee!
applaud.gif

Although I'll never be able to bash a game like that again, hahahaha!
biggrin.gif

·
185 Posts
wheee.gif
wheee.gif
wheee.gif
wheee.gif
wheee.gif
wheee.gif

It's about time!

·
Premium Member
8,233 Posts
Oh Yes!!!!!

IMO this game was better than 7.

Replayed it little more than a year ago on PSP. Would love to play it with better graphics, the game holds up pretty well in terms of age IMO.

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Uh oh, I might actually get to finish it this time!

·
13,096 Posts
Holy hot damn form hell, my favourite FF remade finally :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Remember my brother and I getting rekt by Ozma twice when we were kids, then deciding to finish the game. I'm coming for dat a** this time armed with the internet.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRollzRoyce View Post

Remember my brother and I getting rekt by Ozma twice when we were kids, then deciding to finish the game. I'm coming for dat a** this time armed with the internet.
Ozma is pretty fun frustrating to fight. I like that it's not your typical superboss with a ton of HP (several normal bosses have more HP than it). It just attacks really fast and really hard.

·
Smug, Jaded, Enervated.
1,278 Posts
This is one of the few FF's I've never finished, because I never leveled up Steiner, and then got stuck on the start of disk 3 when you had to play a party involving him and Beatrix...mite have to play it and finish it one day.

I wonder if you can still call Zidane 'Kuja' at the start of the game to give him a stat boost?..

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darealist View Post

The pinnacle of Final Fantasy... and then they went full out sci-fi Star Wars-copycat fetish on later titles.
Last I checked Star Wars and final fantasy are both fantasy genres not Science Fiction.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Finally Japanese developers appear to have realised that the PC is a valid platform that can be taken seriously...

Although I hope the PC version of FFIX isn't just a half-baked port of the Android/iOS port... FFVI has so many UI changes it's just... urgh. It's obvious they couldn't really be bothered. It would have looked better if they just took a SNES ROM, wrapped it in an emulator and did it that way...

Just FFXII still to come...

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Finally !

Basically every 5 post of me I was ranting about Final Fantasy IX not being on Steam and wishing it was on Steam or PS4 PSN BC.

The best thing about it is that I haven't played it in quite some time so I don't remember it fully and going through it will feel fresh again
thumb.gif

Thank You Square. It looks like 2016 will be your year. Square has improved a lot over the last couple of years and the future looks bright.

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post

Finally Japanese developers appear to have realised that the PC is a valid platform that can be taken seriously...

Although I hope the PC version of FFIX isn't just a half-baked port of the Android/iOS port... FFVI has so many UI changes it's just... urgh. It's obvious they couldn't really be bothered. It would have looked better if they just took a SNES ROM, wrapped it in an emulator and did it that way...

I expect all 3 of the original Playstation FF titles will be treated more or less the same. FF7 and FF8 are just basically original.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts