Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my project ArxAnjel now has life. thanks everyone for there input. Now, when i'd 1st installed windows 7 pro on my (Kingston V Series SNV425-S2/64GB SSD), i forgot to go into my bios & change the setting from IDE to AHCI. it was lighting fast. So, i did something and screwed up windows, so i went into the bios and change the SATA drive setting from IDE to AHCI & reinstalled windows fresh. my question is it seems like it run a little shower in AHCI mode. my question is how come is that?, don't get me wrong it still runs like a skalled rape ape, it seems like the boot time is a few seconds longer, and what is the big advantage in running AHCI mode? i just want to be clear on what is the difference.

thanks to everyone.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
This was discussed quite heavily on G.SKILL's message board for the Falcon series, and everyone seems to have come to a final conclusion: sometimes IDE is faster than AHCI, and sometimes AHCI is faster than IDE. They've all noticed that, for some reason, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why AHCI is better for some, and worse for others.

So what I'm saying here is that you discovered that IDE mode is superior, so I think that all you can really do is go with it. But at least you know! Some people are absolutely unwilling to do what you did.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts