Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running 2 60gb vertex 2 ssds in a raid 0 using the intel rst controller on a rampage iii extreme mobo running windows 7 64 bit. Are there any tweaks I can use to improve performance? I've already done the usual tweaks for a ssd (disable indexing, superfetch, etc...) But I'm wondering if there are any specific tweaks for running them in a raid.

One more question. My mobo has 2 marvell 6gbps ports and I tested my raid using them and they performed substantially worse then using the intel controller. Any thoughts as to why the marvell is so slow?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtom82 View Post
One more question. My mobo has 2 marvell 6gbps ports and I tested my raid using them and they performed substantially worse then using the intel controller. Any thoughts as to why the marvell is so slow?
^^6gb/s sata is some what new. did you try to get updated drivers for the marvell?

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by matty204359 View Post
^^6gb/s sata is some what new. did you try to get updated drivers for the marvell?
Same as all of us with the additional Marvel 6Gbps SATA controller onboard. Its a slow load of trash which I wish wasn't even on my board. I get 200MB/s less seq read on the marvel compared to what I do with the intel.

Its basically because Marvel is rubbish.

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rocker View Post
Its basically because Marvel is rubbish.
Not really true - some of Marvell's HBA chipsets are great. But the SATA 6Gb/s controllers they stick on mobos currently are just cheap trash, and are only really added for marketing (as you have found out - the 'old' SATAII ICH10R is much faster).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts