Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
how two spel
3,036 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongmanSal View Post
When will the Solid State drives fall to 100 bucks for a 64gb? From a reputable brand...
Nobody can give you a solid answer to this question because nobody truly knows.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I am not wanting a direct answer I just want to get some info about them going down.. I am building a system and am thinking about putting the OS on the SSD..

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongmanSal View Post
well I am not wanting a direct answer I just want to get some info about them going down.. I am building a system and am thinking about putting the OS on the SSD..
I'm actually quite interested as well. I want to raid 0 two of them but they're outta my range atm.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
No less than a year.

·
Registered
579 Posts
In March of 2008 MSRP for OCZ's 32GB drive was $500, and $1100 for their 64GB variant. Now OCZ's best 32GB drive is about $150, and it's about $260 for the 60GB Vertex Turbo.

So prices have dropped about 70% since March 2008 for drives of the same capacity, but performance has increased significantly. I easily expect another 50% decrease within the next 4-6 months as people s-l-o-w-l-y migrate towards SSD's and new faster drives are developed, causing the older drives prices to plummet.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
just buy one and enjoy it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by valtopps View Post
just buy one and enjoy it.
How about if I can get a 60gb for 150 bucks in a couple months why pay the premium?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts