Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what overclocking app. does everyone use for their HD4xxx cards? Overdrive is sufficient for mild overclocks, and I used to run ATITool for artifact testing, which unfortunately does not work with HD4xxx cards (I don't think at least); the program detects the clocks, but not the card. Running the artifact scanner puts 60-100% load on the GPU (acording to CCC), but artifacts never show up. Great no? If it weren't for the fact that ATITool can not detect the card I would just leave it at that.
So what now? Rivatuner overclocks but does not test for stability, and I don't think TrayTools works with the cards either. Overdrive sucks for stability testing. Anything else out there besides just running benchmarks in a loop and watching for artifacts?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
ati tray tools,no CCC and ati tool for stability testing.

• Rep+
Reactions: Melcar

·
Premium Member
8,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TrayTools seems to work. CCC and GPU-Z report constant 100% GPU load so I guess it's doing something. No artifacts, but since 3dmark has been able to run several loops without problems, I guess it's safe to consider the OC stable.

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Use ati tool to scan for artifacts after overclocking with Rivatuner, but make sure to test in games. Even if it doesnt artifact, games may still crash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts