Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,

8700K + Asus Z370F + 16 Gskill 3200 + GTX1070

I need help to stabilize the oc of my 8700k. I run Prime95 some hours and i think was stable, but playing yesterday i get frezze screen and sound loop.

This is my bios config:

I read that the problem maybe is the VCCIO voltage that control the OC of the memory ram.

Is there any value wrong in the bios ?

Thanks

·
dontworkSundysormedaysoff
229 Posts
Looks ok, you could try adding vccio vccsa voltage, around 1.15-1.18v. dram voltage to about 1.4v also if necessary

·
Senior OCN Member
39,907 Posts
What PSU do you have in your system? and yes thats matters

·
Senior OCN Member
39,907 Posts
Ok, what stress test can i use ? prime95 blend ? FTT ?
Corsair hx1000, is 9 years old but i think still working fine.
The HX1000 has a history of dying without warning when it gets 7 years and older
Besides why are you using a 9 year old PSU in a modern system? its two 500 watts units slapped together on the inside

You really should replace it and its probably the reason why you are having problems

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The HX1000 has a history of dying without warning when it gets 7 years and older
Besides why are you using a 9 year old PSU in a modern system? its two 500 watts units slapped together on the inside

You really should replace it and its probably the reason why you are having problems

Im using it because still work. The system was estable during hours with prime. If I really knew that the psu is the causing the problems, i would replace it.

There is some test or software to detect problems in the PSU ?

Thanks !

·
Senior OCN Member
39,907 Posts
You can test it with a digtal multi meter if you have one but thats not going to tests the capacitors and the other stuff inside
Also your warranty ran out 4 years ago so when it dies there is nothing to do other than to throw it out

If you are lucky the PSU just dies but the HX1000 i had a long time ago took out my Radeon HD 5970 which was a $700 card at the time and it also took out my $460 Rampage III Extreme motherboard

Lucky my warranty covered that

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can test it with a digtal multi meter if you have one but thats not going to tests the capacitors and the other stuff inside
Also your warranty ran out 4 years ago so when it dies there is nothing to do other than to throw it out

If you are lucky the PSU just dies but the HX1000 i had a long time ago took out my Radeon HD 5970 which was a $700 card at the time and it also took out my $460 Rampage III Extreme motherboard

Lucky my warranty covered that

You really scared me, your PSU was a sadic killer.

I'm seriously thinking to buy a new psu...

·
Senior OCN Member
39,907 Posts
You really scared me, your PSU was a sadic killer.

I'm seriously thinking to buy a new psu...
It was actually a good thing it killed my motherboard because i got upgraded to the newer and much better Rampage III Black Edition for free
But yes it might be good idea to buy a new PSU

Edit: by the way you dont need to buy another 1000 watt PSU as the parts you have dont even draw 400 watts
A good 550 watt PSU could power your system with no problems

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was actually a good thing it killed my motherboard because i got upgraded to the newer and much better Rampage III Black Edition for free
But yes it might be good idea to buy a new PSU

Edit: by the way you dont need to buy another 1000 watt PSU as the parts you have dont even draw 400 watts
A good 550 watt PSU could power your system with no problems

I bought and installed an EVGA 750 gold and I just had a screen freeze. No errors on event viewer.

I start to be desperate

·
Senior OCN Member
39,907 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought and installed an EVGA 750 gold and I just had a screen freeze. No errors on event viewer.

I start to be desperate
Which model? hope you bought a G2 or a G3 because the rest of the models are not all that good
https://www.overclock.net/forum/31-power-supplies/1541939-evga-psu-lineup-explained.html

A Seasonic Focus Plus Gold would have been a much better choice
G3

Evidently my problem is not the psu.

Im running now a memtest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi again,

Passed the memtest without errors.

Then i run extreme IBT and he stopped with this error

Any idea ?

·
Senior OCN Member
39,907 Posts
What CPU cooler do you have and is it mounted tight on the CPU?
Going by that message it sounds like your OC is too high and its making the PC unstable so maybe downclock a little bit and see if that helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What CPU cooler do you have and is it mounted tight on the CPU?
Going by that message it sounds like your OC is too high and its making the PC unstable so maybe downclock a little bit and see if that helps

Noctua D15 with 2 1800rpm fan. The higher core was to 72º.

imho the cpu requires more vcore, try to icrease by 1 step and see if IBT passes the test

Now i have 1.17, is this voltage too low for 4.6 ?

Can be a DRAM voltage problem ? my ram voltage is 1.35, i dont tried to raise it more than 1.35.

Can be load line calibration the problem ?

·
dontworkSundysormedaysoff
229 Posts

·
Senior Overclocker
4,998 Posts
I set 1.20 and llc 5.

Pass prime95 again. Frezze on PUBG.

There is another test more reliable than prime ?
I mostly test my stabiliy with IBT with 8192MB of rams. If I get 20 passes I consider that to be a good indication that its stable.
See if you can pass that first.
Try 1.25V and if it passes, lower it one step at a time until it gets unstable, then bump it up 2 notches and you should be good.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts