Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
You should have no stability problems with that at all, which is what I assume you are posting about.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

You should have no stability problems with that at all, which is what I assume you are posting about.

i just didnt wanna push it too far without seeing if that sounded logical. i did an ai OC of 10%. i didnt know if that voltage was to high or anything.
its presently at 38 idle so i think i may be at my limit but i did not know wat u thought about vcore

EDIT*****
and ram went to 2-3-2-5 from 2-2-2-5 and i dont know if that is good or bad?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
You are using AI overclocking? You should do it youself, it works better. The vcore is good, you may even be able to hit 1.7V, but with 38 idle I doubt it. Try OCing without using AI, and you may be able to get 230 or more out of it. Those RAM timings are nice, what kinda vdimm are you running? Put it to about 2.8V and you should be able to keep a stable OC.

EDIT: RAM timings are essential for stable OC's. The AI overclocking loosened them up to ensure that the OC was stable. You can either leave it or manually put it back and see if it's still stable. If you want to OC more, then leave them as is or even 2-3-3. Also you may want to put a TRAS of 10, as I've heard from Yiffy Griffy the A64's like that.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

You are using AI overclocking? You should do it youself, it works better. The vcore is good, you may even be able to hit 1.7V, but with 38 idle I doubt it. Try OCing without using AI, and you may be able to get 230 or more out of it. Those RAM timings are nice, what kinda vdimm are you running? Put it to about 2.8V and you should be able to keep a stable OC.

is this vdimm?
why would i wanna go up to 1.7? im on stock cooling right now and i hit 50C without overclocking. and put wat to 2.8v? sry im still a newb

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Vdimm is the RAM voltage control, the overclockers standard is 2.8V.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Vdimm is the RAM voltage control, the overclockers standard is 2.8V.

i suppose i will have to reboot to check? so brb

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK! ddr voltage set from 2.7 to 2.8 and i have voltage at 1.65 and im at
225 fsb. 42C idle though. mem. still at 2-3-2-5.

watcha think?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
That's a pretty decent OC for stock cooling. Next step: Get a better heatsink and fan. It's seriously amazing what an all copper HS and a decent CFM fan ($30.00 CND) can do for your temperatures. One other thing, try lowering your vcore down to 1.6 and then go into windows and run Prime 95 for a half hour and check ur temps. If you don't crash and your temps stay below 55-60 then ur safe with that OC.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok vcore was at 1.625 but i put it at 1.6 like you said. so now to run prime 95 blend im assuming? for 1/2 hour. but wat about somethin tat puts load on cpu?

oh and temps went down to 41C idle

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
prime 95 is one of the best stress test programs. It will put lotsa load on your comp.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

prime 95 is one of the best stress test programs. It will put lotsa load on your comp.

k cool. i just started about 1 min. ago and doing fine so far *fingers crossed*

EDIT******

do i have to sit and watch the whole time?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles
k cool. i just started about 1 min. ago and doing fine so far *fingers crossed*

EDIT******

do i have to sit and watch the whole time?
No, you can do whatever you want, just let it run for awhile and then post back with your load temps.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

No, you can do whatever you want, just let it run for awhile and then post back with your load temps.
hasnt his above 41C yet. puts 14% load on cpu max. i did blend maybe thats the problem?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

hasnt his above 41C yet. puts 14% load on cpu max. i did blend maybe thats the problem?
Hmm, it may be. Try doing a CPU heavy stress test. If not, then go play a game like HL2, Doom 3, UT2K3 or 4, or a benchmark to load your comp up.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Hmm, it may be. Try doing a CPU heavy stress test. If not, then go play a game like HL2, Doom 3, UT2K3 or 4, or a benchmark to load your comp up.
k. well prime 95 ha been on for 15 minutes no flaws. should i quit now or wait 15 more minutes?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
That's prolly fine, you have a functional OC.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

now to test the cpu w/ some [email protected]

lol, didn't even think of that one. Yeh, [email protected] will definately get some CPU usage in there.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts